[ajug-jobs] Senior Front End Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Jan 24 14:56:54 EST 2012
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 10470
Job Title: Senior Front End Developer
Business Name: The Weather Channel
Email: mngo at weather.com
Senior Front End Web Developer I
A. OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Senior Front End Web Developer I, you must have the ability to define, create and complete a technical task without a great deal of guidance. The position calls for the ability to be creative, innovative, and work well independently and as a team player while providing enhancements and fixes to an existing set of applications. The Senior Front End Web Developer I shall have expert knowledge in Web technologies, such as HTML and CSS. In addition to those skills, the Senior Front End Web Developer I must have an expert understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and should be forward thinking about industry standards and methods for HTML, CSS and other web technologies. Solid written and verbal communications skills are also required. You will be required to work well within teams of developers and have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and explain complicated web designs. This job requires organization, professionalism and the ability to multi-task.
B. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsibility for front-end development of large-scale web projects.
• Ability to convert mockups from Product and Design groups into highly optimized HTML, XHTML and CSS.
• Designing and implementing solutions collaboratively to add value to software development efforts in the most cost efficient way. Must be able to effectively communicate HTML/CSS designs to other team members in order for them to implement the design.
• Ability to define, document and enforce Standards for front-end web technologies.
• Estimate production time of new development, site changes and bug fixes, communicate estimates to reporting manager.
• Must have strong knowledge of User/Human Interaction with computers.
• Ability to quickly detect and debug problems and provide rapid solutions to solve problems.
• Leading projects, mentoring and reviewing other developers work to ensure that reusability and consistency is maintained.
• Thorough understanding of cross-browser and cross-platform compatibility.
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required.
• 7+ years experience with Web Development technologies such as AJAX, HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML.
• Expert level knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Deep experience with tools such as Firebug and Fiddler.
• Working knowledge of web-centric scripting languages such as PHP.
• Experience with source versioning systems such as SVN.
• Experience working on projects using an Agile software development methodology.
• Experience working with Linux and Apache web server platforms.
• Experience developing with Flash and Action Script.
• Experience with Adobe Flex.
• Pro-active individual whose can function as a team player.
• Methodical approach to problem solving.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Ability to interact competently and coherently with customers.
• Attention to detail. Keen vision for standardizing common elements.
• Highly creative, with ability to work within pragmatic boundaries.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision on short-term projects.
• High attention to detail and ability to work and manage files in an extremely organized manner.
• Ability to take direction, or to work independently.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self Motivated.
H1B transfers are ok.
This is a full time job with great benefits, not a contract.
This job was posted on: 1/24/12 2:56 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=10470
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs