[ajug-jobs] Junior Software Developer in Test
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Jan 18 16:49:41 EST 2012
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 10431
Job Title: Junior Software Developer in Test
Location: Sandy Springs
Business Name: Axioma Inc.
Email: hr-11rd05 at axioma.com
Axioma (www.axioma.com) is looking for a junior software developer to join our product development team as a full-time employee.
We use Scrum and other agile practices, and are looking for a junior software developer who is willing to contribute to our automated testing.
Do you like to work in a casual, fun environment where you will be able to learn and contribute at the same time?
Do you want to have a voice in new product and technology decisions?
Do you want to work on an innovative product that makes a difference for some of the largest fund managers in the world?
If yes, Axioma is the right place for you. We have challenging work and believe in motivating each other and in having a great team.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-11rd05 at axiomainc.com.
Accepting personal applications only.
No agencies or third parties, please.
* Automated Testing of our software products, which include desktop GUI apps.
* Testing activities may include writing test plans, executing tests, regression testing, performance testing, in-sprint testing, etc.
* Assist in the estimation of product development efforts.
* Follow Axioma development processes, coding standards, and methodologies.
* Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Keep management informed of testing progress status weekly.
* Perform a variety of tasks, and adapts to working on code which is unfamiliar.
* Creative ideas are suggested to solve problems.
* Professional communication skills are utilized, and made a primary focus.
* Reports to a development manager.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in relevant area of specialty.
* Ability to code in Java or similar languages.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
* Ability to work with large and complex data sets.
* Local candidates (i.e. not paying for relocation at this time)
Additional preferred skills:
* Experience with test automation.
* Familiarity with java based testing tools such as junit testing.
* Other Testing tools: WindowTester, SWTBot, Marathon, SoapUI, LoadRunner, JUnit, JMeter, Selenium
* Experience working with databases using SQL queries.
* Eclipse IDE
* Experience using Subversion source control
* Maven software project management
* Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
* Exposure to SCRUM or other agile development processes
* Experience with a variety of testing tools
* Experience leveraging open-source tools and technologies
* Experience with multiple development languages and platforms
* Competitive Salary
* Yearly Performance Bonus
* Employee Stock Options
* Paid Vacation Time off (more the longer you are here)
* 10 Paid company holidays
* Medical, Dental and Vision program
* Life Insurance
* Short/Long term disability
* Gym reimbursement program
* Attend conferences like NFJS, DevNexus etc.,
* Casual work environment
* Monthly company wide lunches
* Break room stocked with free Fruits/Snacks/Drinks
Axioma, Inc. is a private company that develops markets and implements innovative risk analysis, portfolio rebalancing and performance attribution solutions for the financial services industry. Axioma, Inc was founded in 1998 by world-renowned authorities on optimization-based decision support. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Singapore. Axioma is proud to be helping leading financial firms manage risk, increase returns and improve operational efficiency.
Axioma’s software applications integrate the most advanced analytical procedures and optimization technology to help clients improve investment decisions. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-11rd05 at axioma.com. Axioma is an equal opportunity employer.
**There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
**There is no sponsorship available for this position.
This job was posted on: 1/18/12 4:49 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=10431
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs