[ajug-jobs] Sr. Systems/Software Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Thu Apr 26 12:20:45 EDT 2012
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 11134
Job Title: Sr. Systems/Software Developer
Business Name: CNN
Email: Scott.parker at turner.com
- BS in Computer Science or related field required; MS in Computer Science or related field preferred
- A minimum of seven years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- Minimum five years of Java experience, where three years or more to include J2EE development against cluster-able application servers or enterprise frameworks.
- Experience in a mix of modern languages besides Java a plus.
- Experience in non-procedural programming, or applying functional-style concepts professionally considered a plus. Similarly, experience with Erlang a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of XML/XSL/JSON, HTML, and associated modern technologies
- Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium- to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, technical, or operational functions.
- Three or more years experience with digital video and audio systems development a plus
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code / artifacts
- Experience with cataloging, library, search, and metadata intensive systems preferred
- Five or more years experience developing systems with enterprise, commercial relational databases, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Candidates capable of demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts and tools not limited to JMS messaging, or video coding.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required. Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
- Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.
Develop software confidence and releasability by creating testing artifacts, develop tooling and have communication needed to ensure modified codebases are releasable (30%)
Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer CNN teams (10%)
Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement (10%)
Architectural planning and design (10%)
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
This job was posted on: 4/26/12 12:20 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=11134
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs