[ajug-jobs] Senior Java Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Sep 27 09:26:45 EDT 2011
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 9701
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Business Name: Xpect SVC
Email: rfreedman at xpectsvc.com
They would be working on the Sterling OM, IBM MDM, interfaces, JBoss messaging, WebSphere messaging and a host of other things.*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to project management methodology and standards
- Develop an understanding of business processes and application systems.
- Participate in the design, documentation, and configuration control of changes applied to Java and J2EE applications.
- Review, analyze, design, and write/modify the applications including coding, testing, debugging and documenting.
- Consult with users to clarify business requirements and program objectives.
- Apply software tools that allow business processes to be modeled and link applications with middleware to allow each application to communicate using data messages.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the testing process through test script development, unit and system test execution, test review and analysis.
- Test application components to assess whether the solution meets the reliability, performance, capacity, scalability and technical requirements
- Maintain open communication with project team, user community, and external vendors. Participating in regular project status meetings.
- Configure and optimize middleware tools and environment.
- Support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through on-the-job mentoring.
- Create the required documentation, processes, procedures, and workflows related to new system components to assist with on-going support.
- Write operation instructions and train support personnel
- Provide second tier support within area of expertise
- Identify and resolve application/integration issues
- Conduct code reviews, as required
- Participate in all aspects of product development as needed, from requirements analysis to product release.
· In depth knowledge of Java and J2EE programming methodology
· In depth knowledge of J2EE principles and methodology
· In depth knowledge of SOA concepts and architecture
· In depth knowledge of at least one messaging and translation capable J2EE tool
· Knowledge and experience with relational databases. Oracle preferred.
· Working knowledge of testing and quality assurance concepts
· Working knowledge of batch and near real-time programming concepts
· Ability and desire to write specifications using pre-written templates
· Ability and desire to write test scripts using pre-written templates
· Ability to record and log all modifications performed to the system
· Ability to work unsupervised on projects of medium duration
· Ability to test for, diagnose and fix defects
· Ability to render accurate estimates
· Hands-on experience in: Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), FTP, Telnet, SOAP
This job was posted on: 9/27/11 9:26 AM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=9701
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs