[ajug-jobs] Java Web Developers (multiple openings)
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Thu Sep 15 11:07:01 EDT 2011
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 9640
Job Title: Java Web Developers (multiple openings)
Business Name: Hunter Technical Resources
Email: robb at htrjobs.com
Our Atlanta (Perimeter area) based client has multiple (5+) permanent/FTE openings for an exciting portal initiative! The Web Developers will be key members of the engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and testing software for high performance, high availability applications. They will utilize cutting-edge web technology in an Agile environment to develop the next generation customer Portal. Developer will work with product management, clients, and UI designers to create compelling, informative views.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Design and develop client- and server-side code for customer-facing web application.
• Move features from legacy C codebase to modern Java/Groovy codebase.
• Interpret business and functional requirements into a strong design.
• Utilize Test Driven Development in an Agile development environment.
• Work closely with other developers, UI designers, project managers, database administrators, and QA.
• Manage time effectively with minimal supervision to accurately scope projects and ensure that projects release on-time.
• Participate in design and code reviews.
• Adding to and improving existing coding and development standards.
• Troubleshoot functionality and performance issues.
• Provide systems operational support, technical skills to monitor, operate and maintain technical infrastructure and test new methods, software, hardware, data flow and interfaces with existing systems.
• Implement web frameworks used to develop enhanced user experience
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Extensive programming experience in Java, Groovy, or other object-oriented languages.
• Experience using Linux, BSD, or UNIX environments.
• Must be highly motivated and willing to take on projects under deadline.
• Experience in building high quality and high performance systems.
• Experience with legacy C or CGI applications a plus.
• Experience with Reporting frameworks a plus.
• Experience with Agile software development methodology a plus.
• Information security knowledge is preferred
• Web Application/Internet Security knowledge preferred.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills. Excellent written and oral communications plus interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, IT management and staff, and internal/external business partners/clients.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Motivated individual with a desire to learn and innovate.
• Must have a working understanding of application containers, J2EE services and associated technologies
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of distributed systems
*robb at htrjobs.com
This job was posted on: 9/15/11 11:07 AM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=9640
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs