[ajug-jobs] Java/J2EE Application Architect
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Thu Mar 18 14:07:44 EDT 2010
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 6,434
Job Title: Java/J2EE Application Architect
Business Name: Ask Staffing
Email: dkris at askstaffing.com
Position title: Application Architect
Location: Atlanta, GA.
Duration: 6 Months Contract (May extend)
The Selected Architect will be responsible for connecting disparate systems by designing and implementing Web services and work flows (via Java/J2EE, Web methods) in an SOA environment. As an Architect primary focus will be on defining Integration Interfaces and processes for Data Transformations across DHS and agency applications of State of Georgia. Responsible for understanding and translating business requirements into technical design specifications following SOA practices as well as development. Responsible for determining the scope of the assigned project(s) by assessing Requirements from business and technical/network personnel. Responsible for evaluation and selection of the appropriate technical platform for the system. Work will include integration planning, integration analysis across multiple technical platforms, integration analysis across DHS to included both global system design and detailed program design for complex processes or interfaces, review of database design of new data structures, and suggested modifications to existing data structures. Effectively documents and teaches the structure and function of the new application and/or enhancements resulting from the assigned project(s) to other Web Application Managers and senior technical personnel to insure that the new systems or enhancements operate smooth DHS’s OIT environment. Lead WAS staff members to develop common standards and procedures for system design and programming, component and system optimization and tuning, database design to insure the integrity and high quality, data optimization and tuning.
Graduate Degree in Computer Science, MIS, engineering, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university
Extensive experience in large-scale application architecture, design, and development using major tools such as Java/J2EE, Web methods Environment and Portal Architecture.
• Over 8 years of experience in the Internet industry specializing in Java/J2EE technologies. Hands on experience with building large scale, high-availability applications.
• Four + years of experience in Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) using Java/J2EE or Web methods 2009/2006 R2/2004, Enterprise Service Bus and SOA Architecture.
• 4+ years of design concepts -- Layered architecture, components, interfaces, messaging.
• 4 + years of application modeling using UML, specifically using Class, Interaction, Sequence, Activity, and State Diagrams, and of documenting deployment using Deployment Diagrams.
• Experienced in estimating- complexity, time and effort, planning and worked closely with PMO to successfully meet requirements and timelines.
• Proven leadership ability, capable of keeping a team focused on effective problem solving and meeting commitments in an organized manner.
• Experienced in the full life cycle of SDLC, Application Development, Architecture, Frameworks, Data Interchange, Modeling, Web Services, Quality Control, Change Management, Production Monitoring.
• Well versed with -Development technologies like XML, SOAP/HTTP Web Services, HTML and Scripting.
• Good understanding of Work Flow Designer to describe business processes and transformations (implementation versions of business processes) and specify messaging between the flows.
• Candidate must be able to articulate strategy and direction for technology and architecture throughout the organization to support systems delivery
• Ability to apply design concepts – layered architectures, components, interfaces, messaging and patterns.
• Ability to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams and other members of the software development team.
• 7+ years of object oriented conceptual expertise -- classes, inheritance, encapsulation, and the tools used in their definition (UML, Use Cases).
• 7 + years of database/Data Access -- RDBMS(Oracle, DB2, SQL*Server), tables, triggers, logical and physical modeling, access strategies and tools, concurrency models
• Extremely strong fundamentals and analytical abilities.
• 7 + years experience using the following technologies: Java/J2EE, Oracle 10g and higher, MS SQL Server 2000 and higher in implementing web based systems.
• Knowledge of public sector, health and human services information technology.
• 7+ years with working knowledge of software releases, versioning, change control and source control systems.
Extensive knowledge of Applications, Application Architecture ,object modeling tools and techniques, principles of object oriented design practices, application architecture, and knowledge of systems and systems development, capacity planning, and network communications concepts; good communications skills (both oral and written) and analytical skills; 8 years of increasingly responsible work experience in an Information Technology setting, working on complex systems and/or large scale and complex automation projects, of which four (4) years were involved in designing and building complex interfaces between information systems and databases.
ASK Staffing, Inc
Main: 770-813-8947 Ext 344
dkris at askstaffing.com
This job was posted on: 3/18/10 2:07 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=6434
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs