[ajug-jobs] Java Test Automation Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Aug 24 13:31:05 EDT 2010
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 7,307
Job Title: Java Test Automation Engineer
Business Name: Axioma
Email: hr-10rd01 at axiomainc.com
Axioma (www.axiomainc.com) is looking for a java developer/tester to join our product development team as a full-time employee in our Atlanta office.
The ideal candidate will be a java programmer who is passionate about testing and wants to be focused on software testing. The focus will be on maintaining and strengthening the automated testing of both API and GUI software.
We use Scrum and other agile practices, and are looking for a software testing professional who is experienced working directly with a development team, on a variety of platforms.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-10rd01 at axiomainc.com. Accepting personal applications only. No agencies or third parties, please.
* Primary responsibility for testing our software products, which include desktop GUI apps, web apps, and web services.
* Contribute analysis to improve the overall quality of our software development practices.
* Follow Axioma development processes, coding standards, and methodologies.
* Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Rely on extensive experience and judgment to estimate testing time and accomplish goals.
* Keep management informed of testing progress status weekly.
* Perform a variety of tasks, and adapts to working on code which is unfamiliar.
* Creative ideas are suggested to solve problems.
* Professional communication skills are utilized, and made a primary focus
* Reports to a development manager.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in relevant area of specialty and 5+ years of hands-on, real-world software testing.
* Extensive experience with test automation.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
* Ability to work with large and complex data sets.
* Experience programming in java and JVM scripting languages
* Experience working with relational databases.
* Local candidates (ie; not paying for relocation at this time)
Additional preferred skills:
* Testing tools: SWTBot, Marathon, SoapUI, JUnit, JMeter, Selenium, ...
* Experience testing Eclipse RCP applications.
* Eclipse IDE.
* Experience using Subversion source control.
* Maven software project management.
* Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus.
* Exposure to SCRUM or other agile development processes.
* Experience with a variety of testing tools.
* Experience leveraging open-source tools and technologies.
* Experience with multiple development languages and platforms.
Axioma, Inc. is a private company that develops, markets and implements innovative risk analysis, portfolio rebalancing and performance attribution solutions for the financial services industry. Axioma, founded in 1998, is an equal opportunity employer. The company is headquartered in New York with offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Local candidates only - no relocation
Must have valid US work authorization
Personal applications only - no agencies or third parties please.
This job was posted on: 8/24/10 1:31 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=7307
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs