[ajug-jobs] Senior Software Engineering Manager - Confluence
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Apr 21 21:54:07 EDT 2010
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 6,603
Job Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager - Confluence
Business Name: Atlassian
Email: marie.carigliano at atlassian.com
* Love building great software?
* Passionate about leading great teams?
* Want to work at a different kind of company?
Atlassian is not your typical company and we're proud of it! As a member of one of the fastest growing global Australian software companies, you can expect a fast paced and fun work environment which stays true to our entrepreneurial roots. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy and slow decision making. We encourage creative thinking, we appreciate collaboration and participation, and we believe in transparency with our employees and our customers.
We are looking for a very special Senior Engineering Manager to lead the team of talented engineers building Confluence, our world-class collaboration product. Reporting to the VP Engineering, this role is challenging, ever-changing, rewarding, and vital for our company strategy. You will need genuine technical management abilities and sublime people management skills. Your most important function is to inspire your team of developers to build better products. You'll do this by combining your charming and pragmatic personality with your constant drive to understand, question and improve development tools and processes. Your superhuman levels of innovation and persistence will ensure you get high quality, lustworthy software releases out the door and lead your team to dizzying new peaks of performance.
* Co-ordinate multiple streams of software development across several teams and a couple of geographies
* Collaborate with the Confluence Product Manager to validate the roadmap, set priorities and provide estimates
* Make and meet iteration and release plan commitments
* Use your inclusive management style to guide and grow your team of 20+ developers, and help them achieve their best performance
* Provide project visibility through well-chosen metrics and concise status reporting
* Ensure the quality of your product keeps getting better & better with each release
* Collaborate with Customer Support to ensure our customers' success
* Promote, define, refine and enforce best practices and process improvements that fit Atlassian's Agile methodology
* Collaborate with your fellow Engineering Managers to share ideas that will continue to improve our awesome Engineering Group
* You are passionate about great software
* You have managed large software product teams with outstanding success
* You know when to ask tough questions about projects
* You recognise great software architecture
* You are a frustrated coder
* You can debate ideas with both developers and non-technical people
* You can make technical deep-dives into code while balancing business-objective discussions with executives
* You are listened to
* You are up to date on industry trends and want to run ahead of the pack
* You've adopted, rejected, and/or adjusted processes like XP, Scrum and Kanban
* You have an unusually effective blend of intelligence, integrity, domain knowledge, communications skills, and diplomacy
* You will be comfortable recruiting and managing a team of 20+ very bright, experienced engineers at a scale and pace few other software teams can match
To apply please submit all applications on our website at www.atlassian.com/32
This job was posted on: 4/21/10 9:54 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=6603
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs