[ajug-jobs] Software Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Apr 20 08:56:31 EDT 2010
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 6,590
Job Title: Software Engineer
Business Name: Hunter Technical Resources
Email: robb at htrjobs.com
The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced start up environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
A committed employee who works towards the success of the Team. Completing assignments in a timely manner and helping/leading other team members.
· Adding new features to our online auction software
· Work in a team environment applying both SCRUM and XP. Developer pairing is the norm.
· Work with other developers/contractors in task completions
· Work with Product Development to fulfill their requests
· Work with our QA Team to get our releases into production
· Stabilize our code/build/deployment
· Assist in production support as needed
· Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
· Following the change management process to control changes to production systems with regards to physical or system updates
· Making process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
· Collaborating closely with and assisting technical operation and quality assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
· Self manage to project dates and milestones.
· Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· 1+ years in managing software applications including web based
· 1+ years experience working in large scale web environments
· 5+ years Java development experience
· Strong data analysis and basic statistics skills.
· Experience writing SQL queries
· Experience writing AJAX modules
· Ability to successfully resolve stressful production issues
· Ant build experience
· Familiarity with Cruisecontrol or like tools
· Used Subversion
· JUnit development
· Automated test designs
· Web development using Struts and Spring
· Experience using Application Servers like Tomcat and Websphere.
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
· SOA experience with strong familiarity with SOAP, REST, JMS..
· Unix admin knowledge
This job was posted on: 4/20/10 8:56 AM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=6590
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs