[ajug-jobs] Portal Development Director
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Oct 28 16:09:36 EDT 2009
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 5,776
Job Title: Portal Development Director
Business Name: Alere Healthcare
Email: suzie.gill at alere.com
Portal Development Director
This Director level position is responsible for hands on management of development staff to develop web-based portal for health and wellness that includes B2B, B2C and facilitates social networking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct the design and creation of innovative cutting-edge features for health and wellness web portals.
• Direct the design and implementation of features from concept to completion
• Tracking, documenting, reproducing and correcting problems.
• Act as a lead for web development team, ensuring overall projects/deadlines are met for all members of the team.
• Researching current and new technologies as necessary for designing and implementing new software components1. Supervises and provides technical leadership for the applications development staff including responsibility for hiring and performance evaluations.
• Designs/codes applications following specifications using the appropriate tools.
• Performs analysis oversight during initial design and problem solving of programming assignments.
• Applies standard software development lifecycle processes consistent with iterative development.
• Encourages and administers appropriate professional development opportunities for developers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
2. Ability to speak, listen and write effectively.
3. Proven leadership ability.
4. Ability to translate customer input and ideas into functional requirements specifications
5. Ability to work well with other managers and employees.
6. Experience in successfully managing projects with blended-shore, distributed teams.
7. Knowledge of object oriented design and distributed architectures.
1. At least 6 years of product development experience, including experience in a management or team lead role
2. Experience with:
• Linux/Unix experience
• Oracle WebCenter (PlumTree)
• Apache Web server
• Application containers (Weblogic and Tomcat)
• Content Management Systems (Alfresco, Documentum)
• Spring based MVC development
• Portlet (JSR168, 268) development
• Rest based development
3. Knowledge of healthcare IT desired, but not required
What I really want is someone who has been a hard-core developer, become an Architect, and then moved in to a management position.
I really want someone who has come from the technical side of the house. I need a strong leader with both project management/people management AND strong technical skills.
This job was posted on: 10/28/09 4:09 PM
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/job-detail.html?jobId=5776
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs