[ajug-jobs] Senior Java Developer Architect
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Mon Mar 23 14:14:33 EDT 2009
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2458
Job Title: Senior Java Developer Architect
Business Name: eMag Solutions
Email: abara at emagsolutions.com
eMag Solutions is a services company based in Atlanta, with additional operations in New York and the UK. This growing and profitable company has unique positioning in the e-Discovery and enterprise data management markets, a prestigious portfolio of customers, and a strong quality-driven culture. It is the only software company in its markets and one of only 82 companies of any kind in the US to earn ISO 27001 accreditation.
Scope of Position:
You will be one of the key developers/architects on a Petabyte scale information management and visualization product. We are a highly technical team in a fast-paced organization and are looking for rock stars to help us build this SaaS offering. We need motivated people that can work and manage independently, but that can also function within a team environment. Show us your passion for creating well designed web based products.
The Senior Java Developer/Architect is responsible for gaining insight into requirements, creating and proposing design solutions to address the requirements, executing the design to the point of working code, verifying the code with unit tests and system level tests, ensuring proper versioning and configuration management of code and related artifacts, producing deployable versions of the subsystem for handoff to other groups, and finally troubleshooting production issues once their code is deployed.
The Senior Java Developer/Architect should have 4 or more years of full life-cycle development, preferably on medium/large-scale J2EE web applications. You must be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, have experience with open source Java libraries, have a CS degree (or equivalent), and possess the following skills:
• Demonstrated ability to develop and release quality products on-time and experience with all life-cycle phases of product development on at least one product.
• Must be a practitioner of software development best practices - including design for testability and maintainability, writing clean and robust code, promoting software reuse, leveraging stable open source libraries, creating unit tests, documentation, and post release maintenance/updates.
• 4+ years experience in the development of Java and/or C# based Web Applications.
• Ability to articulate design decisions during design reviews.
• Experience with schema design, relational database technology and transactional processing (Schema, Stored Procedures, SQL on Oracle, SQL Server, etc).
• Experience within at least 1 vertical area of enterprise level domains, such as, SOA/Web Services, Security, Business Rules, Persistence, Templates/Scripting, Event driven asynchronous processing/job processing, Domain Modeling, Performance Tuning, etc.
• Working knowledge of front-end Internet technologies (HTML, XML, XSLT, JSP, etc.).
• Must possess a Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering degree, or equivalent.
• Experience with Spring, Hibernate, Jakarta libraries, and Apache projects is highly preferred.
• Experience with J2EE – JSP, EJB, JAAS, etc is highly preferred.
• Agile development experience is highly preferred.
• Framework design and development experience is a plus.
• Specific experience with Jboss is a plus.
• Must be able to problem solve, recommend solutions and communicate effectively.
• Must apply technical knowledge to determine these solutions and solve complex problems.
• Must have the aptitude to learn quickly, and have good analytical skills.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Should accurately predict time required to complete development tasks; adhere closely to development plans
• Assist in the documentation of software application requirements and design
• Develop and implement the front-end for web-based applications
• Maintain and document interface and code
• Develop documentation to support help features and sales staff
• Provide support to other members of the organization as required
YOU MUST LIVE in Atlanta, GA- no relocation assistance available- company located in Buckhead
This is a full time salaried position with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life, Paid vacation sick & holiday pay, 401K, and training opportunities.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please forward your resume now
Sponsorship is not available.
Qualified candidates will be contacted- No phone calls please.
We do not utilize staffing companies or pay placement fees. Please respect
This job was posted on: 2009-03-23
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2458
More information about the ajug-jobs