[ajug-jobs] Senior Application Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Aug 19 10:33:14 EDT 2009
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2578
Job Title: Senior Application Developer
Location: Atlanta (Cumberland area)
Business Name: The Weather Channel
Email: cbrown at weather.com
TWCi (The Weather Channel, Interactive) has an immediate opening for a Senior Application Developer in its Shared Services Group (SSG). TWCi is one of the most dominant brands in online news and information, and the successful applicant will help create and enhance systems that provide weather and related information to millions of users and partners worldwide.
Senior Application Developers in the SSG participate directly in the design, creation, and maintenance of complex client components and high volume server applications vital to every aspect of our product offering - including web, mobile, client application, and B2B SOA products used both by our internal teams and millions of partners worldwide. The right applicant must be able to work with a high degree of physical and creative independence, shift rapidly between different systems and technologies, learn new platforms and languages as needed, and provide guidance and support to both product and development regarding our shared tools.
* Enhance and maintain a wide array of Java-based server applications.
* Work closely with architecture and product to design and plan new systems and tools.
* Support internal clients regarding shared tools and applications.
* Undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience required.
* Understands both abstract, top-down design and concrete, bottom-up implementation.
* Minimum 3 years experience with designing and implementing on-line content, applications, and/or web sites.
* Experience working directly with end-users, analyzing problems/issues, and proposing solutions to customers and internal technical planners.
B. SKILLS REQUIRED
* Minimum 5 years experience with JSPs and/or other scripting languages (Perl, PHP, etc).
* Minimum 5 years experience with server application development.
* Experience developing with Java 1.5 or higher.
* Ability to work independently or in small teams to build new applications from the ground up with little direct guidance.
* Experience with developing large-scale web applications for high traffic and data volumes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draw user requirements from customers or partners and turn these into specifications, time estimates, and costs for in-house software development.
* Must be able to multi-task effectively between several active projects.
* Direct experience building or maintaining highly scalable, geographically redundant server applications with daily traffic volumes well above the million level.
* Experience creating, enhancing, or maintaining a CMS application.
* Experience with any of: Spring, iBatis, Cocoon, Perl, Memcached, MySQL, Apache Tomcat, Linux.
* Exposure to a wide variety of different frameworks and perspectives.
* Experience with Flash ActionScript 2+ application development.
This job was posted on: 2009-08-19
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2578
More information about the ajug-jobs