[ajug-jobs] SITA Lab lead engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Thu Aug 13 23:58:26 EDT 2009
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2576
Job Title: SITA Lab lead engineer
Business Name: SITA
Email: renaud.irminger at sita.aero
The SITA Lab Lead Engineer provides technology analysis and development support for the SITA Lab strategic research development projects and for other initiatives related to Innovation across SITA
This role is part of the SITA Lab team, which together act as an “engine” of innovation for SITA and the Air Transport Industry (ATI). Innovation is a fundamental ingredient to achieve SITA’s financial objectives for sustainable profitable growth and providing industry leadership and vision for delivering simplification to travel and transport.
1. Provide technical design and development services to the Lab strategic research development projects using internal or external resources. Manage development teams as lead architect and designer, allocating work and supervising results, ensuring high quality deliverables on budget and on schedule. Hands on: Code him/herself small programs, modification to programs, trials, mock ups. Provide work estimates for “development tasks" and be held accountable for those estimates.
2. Analyze emerging technologies and emerging technology providers and inject their potential into SITA via discovery and ideation.
3. Play an active role in developing the flow of innovation information, ideas and contacts to develop a vibrant and robust “Innovation Ecosystem” at SITA and within the ATI.
4. Act as project manager of certain initiatives in relation with the SITA Lab Director of Programmes.
Education and Professional Qualifications BS degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc…). Advanced degree recommended.
• 10+ years relevant experience in IT environment
• 5+ years managing software development teams
• Experience in managing designers and developers with a proven track record of delivering software that exceeds customer expectations, and is delivered on time, and on budget.
• Comprehensive experience with J2SE 1.4/1.5 (core packages). Experience in C/C++ as well as scripting languages such as Perl, and Ruby helpful.
• Strong experience with technology frameworks, tools and middleware including but not limited to: JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Hibernate, Ant, JUnit, SVN, Cruisecontrol, Spring Webflow, Struts.
• Experience with basic Open Systems (UNIX/LINUX) administration a plus.
• Up-to-date technology awareness and knowledge, including: RIA, SOA, ESB, Open Source, O/R Mapping, Eclipse, UML, XML, and RDBMS’s.
• Mobile devices development expertise on Android, iPhone, Symbian, RIM, Windows mobile a plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Up-to-minute understanding of emerging technologies and the ability to translate the technology into commercial potential, especially disruptive and “game-changing” technologies.
• Strong knowledge of software engineering principles, theories, concepts, and techniques including knowledge of IBM RUP processes and tools.
• Proven track record in leading the analysis, design, development and delivery of large, complex, high performance, high availability and scalable enterprise solutions.
• Proven skills in the effective management of complex, multi-disciplined resources and technologies.
• A wide, extensive knowledge of multiple hardware infrastructure and application technologies including (but not limited to): Mainframe (IBM/UNISYS), Open Systems (UNIX/LINUX), Enterprise Databases, Middleware, Web services, open source technologies, Application development platforms, testing tools, J2EE, Web, High Availability designs and technologies.
• Open thinker with the ability to provide imaginative, “outside the box” solutions where the need demands.
• Well-developed abilities to effectively communicate technical issues to business people, and business issues to technical people. .
• Proficiency with design and infrastructure management methodologies and processes
• Ability to code, develop small programs for mock ups, testing, trials.
• Ability to apply project management best practices on engineering developments.
• Ability to successfully manage and work with development partners, specifically, off-shore vendors.
• Characteristics include: a deep understanding of the technical architectures/products, an ability to effectively apply technical architecture/product knowledge to the technical portion of our business solutions, and an understanding of the needs of the industry to which solutions are delivered.
Individual Contributor Competencies
• Adhering to Principles & Values
• Meeting Customer Expectations
• Working with People
• Adapting and Responding to Change
• Creating & Innovating
• Empowerment and Accountability
• Persuading and Influencing
• Results Orientation
Breadth of role This is a senior technical role within SITA’s CTO organization with high visibility and commanding high expectations in ability and delivery from the SITA Business Units.
This job was posted on: 2009-08-13
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2576
More information about the ajug-jobs