[ajug-jobs] Lead Java/J2EE Engineer Opportunity w/Local Consulting Company - PERM - NO Travel
Manya.Zaharko at daugherty.com
Wed Sep 24 15:48:32 EDT 2008
Hello AJUG Members:
You've just found a leading management and IT consulting company that offers long term careers, not project-based hiring. Work on exciting local projects with exceptional colleagues. At Daugherty Business Solutions, we strive for organizational delivery excellence by delivering exceptional value to our clients and creating exceptional opportunities for our employees.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Java/J2EE Software Engineer for our Atlanta office. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Since 1985, Daugherty Business Solutions, a US based, private services company, has helped companies achieve their business objectives through the intelligent integration of business processes and leading technologies. Daugherty's partnering approach, proven processes and talented staff of over 500 business and technical experts enable us to provide leading edge technology solutions to large and mid sized corporations from our development centers in St. Louis (HQ), Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis and Dallas.
Approaching the $100 million revenue plateau, Daugherty is proud of its history of more than 23 years of repeat, profitable business and long-term relationships with local clients. Daugherty has experience developing world-class solutions on time and within budget to clients from a broad range of industries, while our local delivery model, proven expertise, and practical approach enables us to consistently deliver high value.
Focusing on four Lines of Service:
* Custom Solutions: Design & Development - (Java/J2EE & .NET)
* Business Intelligence Solutions - Data Mart and Dashboard (Business Objects & Microsoft BI/SharePoint)
* Mobility Solutions
* SAP Solutions - PI/BI/EP (Netweaver)
Atlanta Partial Client List: Macy's, The Home Depot, Coca Cola, Delta, AT&T, McKesson, Newell Rubbermaid, IHG, Manheim.
Daugherty takes responsibility for results and deliverables in the Agile yet disciplined approach of our full life cycle Rapid Process Map (RPM) methodology.
The Atlanta Business Unit
Daugherty Business Solutions has had a substantial presence in Atlanta for nearly 16 years with over 100 employees enjoying a work/life balance of our local business model. The Atlanta business unit exceeds $20 million in revenue and has succeeded in 100% growth in the last 3 years, with a goal to repeat this growth pattern. Daugherty has grown not through aggressive marketing or acquisitions, but through delivering high quality services and developing strong, long-lasting customer relationships, sporting a repeat business success rate of over 90%. Our flexible, local delivery model also allows our dedicated, full-time consultant employees live and work in the Atlanta metro area with minimal travel requirements.
Lead JAVA/J2EE Software Engineer who wants to build their career as a key member of a growing, successful and profitable company. This is a true technical consultant position, requiring a variety of skills necessary to deliver complete software solutions to our customers, including development, systems integration and software implementation. At Daugherty, the Senior Consultant/ Senior Software Engineer will work with leading Atlanta based companies to assess their customer software development/architecture needs, will create solutions, and will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of the optimal business solutions.
* Assisting in developing requirements and design specifications
* Translating specifications to program code or database design
* Involved in the design phase of project as well as the scheduling and coordination of the project
* Will instruct, assign, direct and check the work of others as a part of the project team
* Provide strong technical delivery skills, and is expected to perform assigned tasks adhering to the development and coding standards as defined for the project, with minimal supervision and guidance
* Demonstrate solid communication skills with both internal employees/management and client resources
* 7+ years experience in software development with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development is required.
* 1+ years of experience in the design and development of large enterprise class projects
* 5+ years hands on experience developing Web applications using Java technology including JSP, Servlets, EJB and JDBC, XML, XSL, XSLT, and Java based XML API's
* Strong experience with Java, J2EE, STRUTS, UML, OOAD, Web Services (SOAP/SOA) and multi-tier software design and development
* Strong experience with development best practices, Design Patterns and Common Frameworks (MVC Frameworks/STRUTS or Spring, etc.).
* Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies and involvement in the complete product development life cycle
* Advanced OOA/OOD techniques to design enterprise applications
* Experience with multiple application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, Oracle Application Server, etc.)
* Hands-on technical expertise in XML-Schema and Formatting Objects preferred
* Strong knowledge of relational databases to include a solid understanding of Microsoft SQL databases.
* Strong experience in RUP and Agile development methodologies and associated tools (Rational Clearcase, Clearquest)
* Experience with Object to Relational mapping tools (Hibernate) a plus
* BS or higher degree in MIS, Business, and/or Computer Science
Must be open to commuting to client locations throughout Atlanta's major metropolitan area (e.g. Alpharetta, Dunwoody, Norcross, Vinings, Downtown ATL)
Daugherty offers an extremely competitive compensation package, including 401(k), revenue sharing, insurance (medical, dental, life, short and long term disability), vacation and sick leave. We also provide excellent training and certification support and break-through methods, techniques, and processes that will ensure your growth and success.
If you are interested in hearing more about this unique opportunity, please contact Manya Zaharko at manya.zaharko at daugherty.com.
Senior Corporate Recruiter
Daugherty Business Solutions<http://www.daugherty.com/>
3655 Brookside Pkwy * Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30022
ph: 770.475.7218 x.231
manya.zaharko at daugherty.com<mailto:manya.zaharko at daugherty.com>
"The Leading Preferred Alternative to National Consultancies"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs