[ajug-jobs] User Interface Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Sep 16 18:17:12 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2278
Job Title: User Interface Engineer
Location: Atlanta GA
Business Name: IDR
Email: jcleary at idr-inc.com
As a member of the Product Development Team the User Interface Engineer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining dynamic web pages for the web site. Actively partner with project team members in identifying usability issues and make recommendations. Stay current with web standards, application architectures, and deployment techniques. Also, must be able to work effectively in a very fluid, high-communication, product delivery centric environment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Create and maintain dynamic web templates using JSP, JSF or similar scripting language.
• Maintain UNIX-based development environment to support multiple applications and Apache web server configurations.
• Work with Project Managers to understand business objectives and provide technical assessments, UI recommendations, risk analysis, and accurate development estimates.
• Use insight, creativity, and research to suggest and/or implement new interfaces, design alternatives and usability improvements that increase the value of the product.
• Aid in usability testing, reviews and evaluations to identify issues and make recommendations.
• Define an organized template architecture focused on efficiency, reusability, and ease of maintenance.
• Assist in troubleshooting issues and rapidly solving problems or correcting defects.
• 4+ years professional experience developing dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier architecture based applications.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to any given situation.
• Broad background in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
• Experience using automated unit testing technologies.
• Good project management skills to track all project work.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization
• Exceptional customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using configuration control and defect tracking tools (CVS, SVN & Test Director).
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Thorough working knowledge of:
o HTML, DHTML
o Apache web servers
o MS Office
• Highly Desirable Skills:
o Extreme Programming
o Large scale web application development
o Familiarity with IntelliJ IDEA (IDE).
This job was posted on: 2008-09-16
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2278
More information about the ajug-jobs