[ajug-jobs] Software Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Sep 3 13:31:19 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2249
Job Title: Software Developer
Business Name: Synapse Analytics
Email: hr at synapseanalytics.com
Seeking developers with start-up experience to develop and deploy software for the pharmaceutical clinical trials market.
ABOUT SYNAPSE ANALYTICS
Synapse Analytics is growing and looking for talented software developers who like to do cool work. As an example, we are currently building systems for clinical trial decision aiding, with some significant developments in data mining and, mathematical optimization requirements attached to a Flex and Flash-based RIA front-end. Competitive benefit and compensation programs reflect SA's high regard for its employees so if you want to work with smart people and do cool stuff, send your resume.
At present we are seeking a Software Developer. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum 5 years experience in development including both in-house and client development environments. This person will have previous experience with full life-cycle development, but especially with early-stage commercial software development. An ability to work calmly and provide strong support and leadership to the team are also important. Experience with being on time with deliverables and other milestones along with strong verbal and written communications skills will make you a strong member of this team. Please note that references will be required and checked thoroughly before an offer is extended. For the right candidate, this is a career opportunity to grow and develop your skills in an expanding marketplace with a company that is well positioned to grow.
4 year - Computer Science degree and 3+ years industry equivalent skills, or 7+ years of progressive industry equivalent skills, or a Masters in Computer Science with 3+ year progressive industry equivalent skills.
• Prior development experience as a member or lead of a development team, in both client environments and in-house development.
• Hands on experience with full life cycle development methods, including integrated development environments, external and extensive experience with Java and application service integration.
• A solid understanding of application servers and database technologies.
• Effective communication skills to consult with customers and work effectively with either local or remote colleagues during development the development and deployment process.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• in the development of internet-based applications in Java/J2EE.
• in full life cycle development of object-oriented software.
• in complex n-tier development environments and design tools.
• in developing applications from initiation through deployment.
• significant knowledge of distributed computing infrastructures with at least 5 years experience working with J2EE.
• Java application servers, JBoss and Weblogic.
• participating in team design meetings, code reviews, and general staff meetings.
• writing and designing complex programs.
• developing detailed program design specifications and release notes.
• applying creative thinking.
• able to work directly with customers to address requirements issues to resolution.
• can establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails.
• Experience with Hibernate and Spring
• Experience with decision aiding systems
We are an equal opportunity employer
This is a direct hire, no recruiters please.
Developers should be fluent with technical English, both spoken and written.
This job was posted on: 2008-09-03
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2249
More information about the ajug-jobs