[ajug-jobs] #1730 Systems Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Nov 12 14:36:55 EST 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2369
Job Title: #1730 Systems Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Business Name: Spartan Resources
Email: henry at spartanresources.net
#1730 System Engineer
Contract thru 4/17/09
Reason for hire: Peak Workload
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Looking for a Systems Engineer, to build and participate in designing the High Availability for Enterprise Applications suite. This application suite would entail applications such as Oracle Weblogic, Oracle BRM or Seibel CRM solutions. Partner with Application developers and business owners in design decisions. Ideal candidate would have experience in designing and deploying Solaris Cluster solution for various enterprise wide applications and also worked on Weblogic Application Servers in dev, qa and staging environments. Main focus of this position will be to focus on Systems aspect of the design, such as capacity, performance and high availability of the applications. Having experience in Wireless industry will be very helpful. Install and maintain multiple servers (SUN T1000/T2000s, IBM 3550s/3850s) and the applications that run on these servers. These applications primarily use Oracle OSS/BSS suite of products. Need hands on experience in installing the Solaris systems, Solaris Cluster or Veritas Cluster solution for High Availability of mission critical applications. Support the build environment in development and qa and perform duties as necessary. Must have strong communication and documentation skills (Word, Visio) and prior experience with Solaris 10 administration and Solaris/Veritas Clustering and any of the Oracle product suite, Weblogic 8.1/9.2 administration will be helpful.
1. Design, deploy and implement Solaris Cluster solutions for mission critical applications.
2. Set up, tune, and manage the environments and servers for applications such as Oracle BRM, Weblogic, Apache etc. in development, staging, qa, and training environments.
3. Build and configure Sun and Weblogic Cluster solution for high availability.
4. Sun Solaris Operating system installation/jumpstart.
5. Installation and configuration of BEA Weblogic/JBoss application servers
6. Documentation of the design details with visio diagrams where necessary.
7. Installation of ear/war/jar files.
8. Hardware installation and patch management.
9. Ability to build and configure Solaris virtual machines or zone configuration.
10. Manage security of servers.
11. Monitor servers and applications for errors and performance problems.
12. Support Applications in dev/qa and staging environments.
13. Tune application and operating system and hardware for optimal performance and general JVM tuning.
14. Trouble shoot application networking issues
15. Capacity planning and hardware sizing.
16. Planning and implementing disaster recovery and high availability for critical systems
17. General troubleshooting of operating system, hardware, and application problems.
18. Assist in the development and implementation of server standards for all new servers.
19. Assist in the documentation of current and future systems.
20. Provide Linux support as required
21. Manage Lab(s) server inventory
1. 6+ years of hands on experience with either Veritas or Sun Clustering solution.
2. Hands on experience in building and configuring Active/Active and Active/Standby HA solution using either Sun Cluster or Weblogic or Veritas Cluster solution.
3. 5+ years of hands on experience in managing any one of the Oracle application suites, Weblogic, BRM, CRM, Middleware and Metasolve (ASAP) applications.
4. Hands on experience in engineering with a carrier or service provider. (5+ years)
5. Strong Solaris 8/10 skills (5+ years), with prior hands on experience in building/jumpstarting Solaris systems.
6. Experience with setup and maintenance of three of the following : Weblogic App Server, Weblogic Portal, WebSphere App Server, WebSphere Portal, Apache , Tomcat, LDAP, Asset Management tools.
7. Shell scripting (sh, ksh, PERL, sed, awk, etc.)
8. Good understanding of J2EE concepts
9. Deep understanding of RMI, JMS, JDBC and Application Server Cluster setup.
10. Oracle UNIX Tuning in a Solaris environment
11. Experience with the following tools: Jumpstart, Kickstart, Solaris packaging tools (Sun packages)
12. Experience with setup and maintenance of at least three of the following servers/services: DNS, FTP, HTTP, NNTP, DHCP.
13. Experience in an ISP environment is a plus.
14. Software coding experience a plus (JSP, C, Java, etc.)
15. Ability to work with minimal direction, yet also able to work in a team environment.
Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
must be a us citizen or greencard holder
This job was posted on: 2008-11-12
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2369
More information about the ajug-jobs