[ajug-jobs] Senior Software Developer/Technical Lead
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Sat Nov 1 18:06:45 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2360
Job Title: Senior Software Developer/Technical Lead
Business Name: Integrated Broadband Services
Email: Jobs-IBBSDev at ibbs.com
Title: IBBS Senior Software Developer/Technical Lead
Based in: Atlanta, Georgia
Reporting to: Head of Development (Based in: Atlanta, Georgia)
The IBBS Senior Software Developer provides technology analysis and development support across the IBBS Software Development Lifecycle, with a focus on the design, development and test phases of the release cycle.
This role is part of the IBBS Global Product Development team, which is responsible for providing enterprise class software to support the IBBS product suite. IBBS is a leading provider of operational support software and back office services deployed by cable and broadband operators worldwide.
1. Work with Product Management, in conjunction with the Head of Development, to translate product requirements and initiatives into technical design.
2. In conjunction with project manager, direct development team during iteration to meet stated deadlines and milestones.
3. Provide technical expertise and mentoring to junior members of the development team.
4. Assure consistent application of IBBS coding practices, including code reviews and complete test coverage.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
Education and training
BS degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc…).
Knowledge and skills
The Senior Developer/ Technical Lead role requires a 'skilled/autonomous' level of knowledge and skills as outlined below:
• Open thinker with the ability to provide imaginative, “outside the box” solutions where the need demands.
• Keen curiosity and understanding of emerging technologies and the ability to translate the technology into commercial potential.
• Knowledge of software engineering and development principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Proficiency with design and infrastructure management methodologies and processes.
• Ability to apply project management best practices on engineering developments.
• Analysis, design, development and delivery of large, complex, high performance, high availability and scalable enterprise solutions.
• Ability to successfully manage and work with development partners, including, off-shore vendors.
• Characteristics include: an understanding of technical architectures/products, an ability to effectively apply technical architecture/product knowledge to the technical portion of our business solutions, and an understanding of the needs of the industry to which solutions are delivered.
• Proven skills in the effective management of complex, multi-disciplined resources and technologies.
• Knowledge of multiple hardware infrastructure and application technologies including (but not limited to): Open Systems (UNIX/LINUX), Enterprise Databases, Middleware, Web services, open source technologies, Application development platforms, testing tools, J2EE, Web, High Availability designs and technologies.
• Well-developed abilities to effectively communicate technical issues to business people, and business issues to technical people.
• 8+ years relevant experience in IT environment
• Comprehensive experience with J2SE 1.4/1.5/1.6 (core packages). Experience in C/C++ as well as scripting languages such as Perl, and PHP helpful.
• Moderate to strong experience with technology frameworks, tools and
middleware including but not limited to: JBoss, Tomcat, Mule (and/or other ESB products and technologies, Spring, Hibernate and/or IBATIS, Ant and/or Maven, JUnit, SVN, Cruisecontrol/Bamboo, Struts.
• Experience with XML technologies including binding tools, schema design, Web Services frameworks.
• Experience with basic Open Systems (UNIX/LINUX) administration a plus.
• Up-to-date technology awareness and knowledge, including: RIA, SOA, ESB, Open Source, O/R Mapping, Eclipse, UML, XML, and RDBMS’s.
• Experience in the cable modem industry a plus
• Experience with / knowledge of communications/data protocols e.g. SNMP, TELNET, TCP/IP a plus
• Experience in provisioning and diagnostics applications a plus.
This job was posted on: 2008-11-01
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2360
More information about the ajug-jobs