[ajug-jobs] Senior Java Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Jun 10 12:27:56 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2122
Job Title: Senior Java Developer
Business Name: Axioma
Email: hr-08rd01 at axiomainc.com
Axioma is looking for two senior java developers to join our team. One position requires strong java desktop experience (Swing, RCP). The other position requires strong JEE experience. We use Scrum and other agile practices, and are looking for developers who are smart and get things done.
* Designs develops, and implements Java code for all products to support business requirements. This includes the design of classes, class hierarchies, product configuration, configuration of tools used
to deliver the product, and configuration of tools used to support the product.
* Assists in the estimation of product development efforts.
* Assists in design sessions with clients and product management on prospective new product features.
* Mentors other developers on various tasks.
* Follows Axioma development processes, coding standards, and methodologies.
* Creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to estimate development time and accomplish goals.
* Keep management informed of development progress status weekly.
* Performs a variety of tasks, and adapts to working on code which is unfamiliar.
* Creative ideas are suggested to solve problems.
* Professional communication skills are utilized, and made a primary focus
* Reports to a development manager.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 5+ years of hands-on, real-world Java design and development experience.
* Strong Communication Skills is a must
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
* Strong experience in desktop Java (SWING GUI or Eclipse RCP Development)
* Experience with java web development.
* Database experience (SQL, data modeling concepts)
* Local candidates (ie; not paying for relocation at this time)
Additional preferred skills:
* Eclipse IDE
* Experience using Subversion source control
* Maven software project management
* Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
* Exposure to SCRUM or other agile development processes
* Experience with a variety of programming languages
* Experience leveraging open-source tools and technologies
* Experience with multiple development languages and platforms
Axioma, Inc. is a private company that develops markets and implements innovative risk analysis, portfolio rebalancing and performance attribution solutions for the financial services industry. Axioma, Inc
was founded in 1998 by world-renowned authorities on optimization-based decision support. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Axioma is proud to be helping leading financial firms manage risk, increase returns and improve operational efficiency.
Axioma’s software applications integrate the most advanced analytical procedures and optimization technology to help clients improve investment decisions. Axioma offers challenging work in a relaxed and
supportive environment. Compensation includes a competitive salary and a full benefits package including 401k. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-08rd01 at axiomainc.com. Axioma is an equal opportunity employer.
**There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
**There is no sponsorship available for this position.
This job was posted on: 2008-06-10
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2122
More information about the ajug-jobs