[ajug-jobs] Agile Software Tester
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Jul 25 22:37:28 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2199
Job Title: Agile Software Tester
Location: Sandy Springs/Roswell
Business Name: Axioma
Email: hr-08rd02 at axiomainc.com
Axioma (www.axiomainc.com) is looking for an experienced software tester to join our product development team as a full-time employee.
We use Scrum and other agile practices, and are looking for a software testing professional who is smart and gets things done.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-08rd02 at axiomainc.com.
* Primary responsibility for testing our software products, which include desktop GUI apps, web apps, and web services.
* Contribute analysis to improve the overall quality of our software development practices.
* Assists in the estimation of product development efforts.
* Mentors other team members on testing best practices.
* Follows Axioma development processes, coding standards, and methodologies.
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
* Relies on extensive experience and judgment to estimate testing time and accomplish goals.
* Keep management informed of testing progress status weekly.
* Performs a variety of tasks, and adapts to working on code which is unfamiliar.
* Creative ideas are suggested to solve problems.
* Professional communication skills are utilized, and made a primary focus
* Reports to a development manager.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 5+ years of hands-on, real-world software testing.
* Extensive experience with test automation.
* Strong Communication Skills is a must
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the software development industry.
* Ability to work with complex data sets.
* Local candidates (ie; not paying for relocation at this time)
Additional preferred skills:
* Testing tools: Marathon, SoapUI, LoadRunner, JUnit, Selenium
* Ability to code in Java and Jython/Python
* Eclipse IDE
* Experience using Subversion source control
* Maven software project management
* Experience in the Financial Services industry a plus
* Exposure to SCRUM or other agile development processes
* Experience with a variety of testing tools
* Experience leveraging open-source tools and technologies
* Experience with multiple development languages and platforms
Axioma, Inc. is a private company that develops markets and implements innovative risk analysis, portfolio rebalancing and performance attribution solutions for the financial services industry. Axioma, Inc was founded in 1998 by world-renowned authorities on optimization-based decision support. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, London, Hong
Kong and Singapore. Axioma is proud to be helping leading financial firms manage risk, increase returns and improve operational efficiency.
Axioma’s software applications integrate the most advanced analytical procedures and optimization technology to help clients improve investment decisions. Axioma offers challenging work in a relaxed and supportive environment. Compensation includes a competitive salary and a full benefits package including 401k. For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter (including salary requirements), to hr-08rd02 at axiomainc.com. Axioma is an equal opportunity employer.
**There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
**There is no sponsorship available for this position.
This job was posted on: 2008-07-25
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2199
More information about the ajug-jobs