[ajug-jobs] JAVA Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Jul 11 14:33:55 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2173
Job Title: JAVA Developer
Location: Perimeter Area
Business Name: Confidential
Email: tjones at idr-inc.com
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and implementing programs, as required, to support the technical capabilities of this company. To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires good communication skills, both with team members and business contacts. In addition, the successful Software Engineer must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Develop new or maintain existing programs based on specifications
• Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
• Participate in the design of new changing programs
• Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
• Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise
• Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Work with the team to ensure the quality of the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
• Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution.
• Mentor less experienced Software Engineers
• Highly adaptive, quick learner
• Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Good knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to any given situation.
• Good knowledge in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
• Experience using automated unit testing technologies (JUNIT, HTTPUnit, and Selenium).
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization
• Exceptional customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using configuration control and defect tracking tools (CVS, Subversion & Test Director).
• Desirable Skills/Experience:
o Good working knowledge of:
3. OOAD/Design Patterns
4. HTML, DHTML, XSLT, XML
o Apache and Apache Tomcat web servers
Must be a US Citizen
This job was posted on: 2008-07-11
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2173
More information about the ajug-jobs