[ajug-jobs] Sr. Software Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Jul 11 14:27:29 EDT 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 2171
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Business Name: Cox Communications, Inc.
Email: colleen.somerville at cox.com
Sr. Java Software Engineer (#27781)
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The candidate will be responsible for the development on Cox.com web properties using current Java/J2EE technologies.
* Development of Cox.com related applications.
* Install, configure, and maintain J2EE Application servers and related applications.
* Work with Project Management to help develop project plans and meet schedules.
* Help mentor and guide more junior team members.
* Develop and execute functional, regression and load test plans
* Assist in testing and packaging of regular releases.
* Availability for production support.
* On call support and occasional weekend work may be required.
* Five or more years work experience.
* Three or more years J2EE experience.
* Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of common Design Patterns.
* Must have experience with JSF
* Must have experience with JBOSS Seam
* Must have experience with Spring
* Must have experience supporting production code.
* Excellent communication and people skills required.
* Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
Typical Training / Experience - Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline; Generally 5-8 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 3-5 years of experience in related field. Certification required in some areas
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Seasoned professional contributor with responsibility for an advanced area of work in the professional field; May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to department, area, and, at times, business unit results
Problem Complexity - Performs advanced areas of work for the professional field; Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems
Autonomy - Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions; Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues
Knowledge - Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization's technologies and practices
Primary contribution is in applying knowledge (product, industry, professional, technical) rather than managing people. Greater than 50% of time is doing individual contributor work
No responsibility for developing and managing operating plans/budgets
Influence/People Leadership - May oversee the completion of projects or assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring, and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.; Contributes to employees' professional development, but does not have hiring or firing authority
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
This job was posted on: 2008-07-11
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=2171
More information about the ajug-jobs