[ajug-jobs] Data Architect
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Wed Feb 20 10:44:57 EST 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1913
Job Title: Data Architect
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Business Name: Cox Communications, Inc.
Email: colleen.somerville at cox.com
Job Description: #26066
Become part of a team responsible for architecting solutions related to Cox Communication’s Broadband residential and commercial products and services.
A strong technical background in data architecture and telecommunications and the ability to create, document, communicate, and execute a data architecture vision is essential. The role requires an individual who can excel in a dynamic environment with multiple inputs and deliverables. The candidate must have a proven track record of leadership and innovation. This is a new position reporting to the Lead Data Architect.
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with more than 6 million total residential and commercial customers. The third-largest cable television company in the U.S., Cox offers an array of advanced digital video, high-speed Internet and telephony services over its own nationwide IP network, as well as integrated wireless services in partnership with Sprint (NYSE: S). Cox Business Services is a full-service, facilities-based provider of communications solutions for commercial customers, providing high-speed Internet, voice and long distance services, as well as data and video transport services for small to large-sized businesses. Cox Media offers national and local cable advertising in traditional spot and new media formats, along with promotional opportunities and production services. More information about the services of Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com, www.coxbusiness.com, and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
Instructions for Applying Online
Submit your info for position # 26066 through the Cox web site (www.cox.com/coxcareer).
• Go to www.cox.com, then click on the Careers tab at the bottom of the page,
• Then click on “external candidates.”
• Next, search for jobs by clicking on the “Advanced Search” hyperlink in the Basic Search box.
• Then select jobs in “GA, Atlanta” from the list.
• Select Jobs in “Information Technology” from the list
• And Jobs posted within “Anytime.”
Then click the Search button. A list of about 30 positions will come up; however, they are in sets of 8. You can click the column heading to sort by a specific column, but you will have to click the “next” link in the top right corner of the box to scroll through the list. You are looking for Posting Title = Data Architect 26066
- Develop system of governance for data that addresses how data is stored and used.
- Provide a standard framework for addressing data issues and data design decisions in order to develop durable business solutions.
- Develop processes that gain control over the replication and duplication of data and address data quality.
- Work with lines of business to ensure application data changes are aligned with data architecture goals.
- Develop new schemas for applications and recommend changes to existing schemas.
- Develop processes by which need data architecture changes can be implemented.
- At least five years working with Oracle databases in a Unix environment ¿ preferably Solaris and/or Linux.
- Experience performing basic administration tasks in Oracle including basic product installs, database creation and configuration, importing and exporting of data, and basic backup and recovery procedures.
- At least five years experience in data modeling.
- Must be comfortable working in a Unix environment.
- At least five years experience with ERWin or equivalent tools.
- At least two years software development experience.
- Some experience supporting a production database system.
- LDAP experience is a big plus but not required.
- Must be able to work with minimal direction and oversight.
- Must have knowledge of project management and the lifecycle of a large-scale project.
- Must have experience in a Telecommunications or ISP environment.
- Excellent communication and peoples skills required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
This job was posted on: 2008-02-20
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1913
More information about the ajug-jobs