[ajug-jobs] J2EE/Java Developer II
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Feb 1 11:15:22 EST 2008
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1876
Job Title: J2EE/Java Developer II
Business Name: Solv Corporation
Email: brad.methvin at solvcorp.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adhere to project management methodology and standards
- Develop an understanding of this company's business processes and application systems.
- Participate in the design, documentation, and configuration control of changes applied to Java and J2EE applications.
- Review, analyze, design, and write/modify the applications including coding, testing, debugging and documenting.
- Consult with users to clarify business requirements and program objectives.
- Apply software tools that allow business processes to be modeled and link applications with middleware to allow each application to communicate using data messages.
- Write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Participate in the testing process through test script development, unit and system test execution, test review and analysis.
- Test application components to assess whether the solution meets the reliability, performance, capacity, scalability and technical requirements
- Maintain open communication with project team, user community, and external vendors. Participating in regular project status meetings.
- Configure and optimize middleware tools and environment.
- Support and instruct less experienced co-workers, through on-the-job mentoring.
- Create the required documentation, processes, procedures, and workflows related to new system components to assist with on-going support.
- Write operation instructions and train support personnel
- Provide second tier support within area of expertise
- Identify and resolve application/integration issues
- Conduct code reviews, as required
- Participate in all aspects of product development as needed, from requirements analysis to product release.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· In depth knowledge of Java and J2EE programming methodology
· In depth knowledge of J2EE principles and methodology
· In depth knowledge of SOA concepts and architecture
· In depth knowledge of at least one messaging and translation capable J2EE tool
· Knowledge and experience with relational databases. Oracle preferred.
· Working knowledge of testing and quality assurance concepts
· Working knowledge of batch and near real-time programming concepts
· Ability and desire to write specifications using pre-written templates
· Ability and desire to write test scripts using pre-written templates
· Ability to record and log all modifications performed to the system
· Ability to work unsupervised on projects of medium duration
· Ability to test for, diagnose and fix defects
· Ability to render accurate estimates
· Hands-on experience in: Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), FTP, Telnet, SOAP
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and consistently meet deadlines
· Ability to learn new technologies as needed
· Understanding of legacy systems and data
· Excellent time management skills
· Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
· Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Computer Science, Business Administration, or Statistics) or equivalent education and work experience
· A minimum of 3 years experience in application integration development
· A minimum of 4 years experience in J2EE/Java programming/application development
· A minimum of 5 years experience in a technical field
· Participated in full life cycle development including design, development, implementation, documentation, training, and on-going support for enterprise level applications
· Experience using a large scale database
· C/C++, Oracle, Unix, AS/400, and J2EE Tools is a plus
This job was posted on: 2008-02-01
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1876
More information about the ajug-jobs