[ajug-jobs] Java/J2EE Consultant w/3-5 years Experience - PERM - Career Growth Opportunity - Atlanta, GA
Manya.Zaharko at daugherty.com
Mon Dec 15 17:24:22 EST 2008
Position: Java/J2EE Software Engineer / Consultant
Experience: 3 to 5 years of experience
Fulltime: Salaried Position
Atlanta: Alpharetta, Office
You've just found a leading Management and IT Consulting Company that offers long term careers, not project-based hiring! Daugherty hires only full-time employees who are interested in working for a company that will partner with them for their long-term success.
Daugherty Business Solutions is currently seeking a JAVA/J2EE Software Engineer who wants to build their career as a key member of a growing, successful and profitable company. This is a true technical consultant position, requiring a variety of skills necessary to deliver complete software solutions to our customers, including development, systems integration and software implementation.
At Daugherty, the Consultant/ Software Engineer will work with leading Atlanta based companies to assess their customer software development/architecture needs, will create solutions, and will be part of a team responsible for the successful delivery of the optimal business solutions.
* Assisting in developing requirements and design specifications
* Translating specifications to program code or database design
* Will instruct, assign, direct and check the work of others as a part of the project team
* Provide strong technical delivery skills, and is expected to perform assigned tasks adhering to the development and coding standards as defined for the project, with minimal supervision and guidance
* Demonstrate solid communication skills with both internal employees/management and client resources
* 3 to 5+ years experience in software development with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development is required.
* 1+ years of experience in the design and development of large enterprise class projects
* 3 to 5+ years hands on experience developing Web applications using Java technology including JSP, Servlets, EJB and JDBC, XML, XSL, XSLT, and Java based XML API's
* Strong experience with Java, J2EE, STRUTS, UML, OOAD, Web Services (SOAP/SOA) and multi-tier software design and development
* Good experience with development best practices, Design Patterns and Common Frameworks (MVC Frameworks/STRUTS or Spring, etc.).
* Thorough understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies and involvement in the complete product development life cycle
* Advanced OOA/OOD techniques to design enterprise applications
* Experience with multiple application servers (WebSphere, JBoss, Apache, Oracle Application Server, etc.)
* Hands-on technical expertise in XML-Schema and Formatting Objects preferred.
* Strong knowledge of relational databases to include a solid understanding of Microsoft SQL databases.
* Strong experience in RUP and Agile development methodologies and associated tools (Rational Clearcase, Clearquest)
* Experience with Object to Relational mapping tools (Hibernate) a plus
* BS or higher degree in MIS, Business, and/or Computer Science
Daugherty Business Solutions has had a substantial presence in Atlanta for nearly 17 years with over 100 employees enjoying a work/life balance of the local business model. The business unit exceeds $20 million in revenue. DBS has grown not through aggressive marketing or acquisitions, but through delivering high quality services and developing strong, long-lasting customer relationships, sporting a repeat business success of over 90%.
Since 1985, Daugherty Business Solutions, a U.S. based, privately held services company, has helped companies achieve their business objectives through the intelligent integration of business processes and leading technologies. Daugherty's partnering approach, proven processes and talented staff of over 500 business and technical experts enable us to provide leading edge technology solutions to large and mid-sized corporations from our development centers in St. Louis, Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis and Dallas. Approaching the $100 million revenue plateau, Daugherty is proud of its history of more than 24 years of repeat profitable business and long-term relationships with local clients. Daugherty has experience developing world-class solutions on time and within budget to clients from a broad range of industries, while our local delivery model, proven expertise and practical approach consistently deliver high value. Focusing on four Lines of Service, Custom Application Development & System Integration, Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing, Mobility Solutions, and ERP/CRM Solutions, Daugherty takes responsibility for results and deliverables in the agile yet disciplined approach of our full life cycle Rapid Process Map (RPM) methodology.
Daugherty Business Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. As such, to the extent defined by federal, state, and municipal law, Daugherty Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, handicap, or any other factor protected by law. Daugherty Systems welcomes veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Senior Corporate Recruiter
Daugherty Business Solutions<http://www.daugherty.com/>
3655 Brookside Pkwy * Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30022
ph: 770.475.7218 x.231
manya.zaharko at daugherty.com
"The Leading Preferred Alternative to National Consultancies"
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/ba/469
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-jobs