[ajug-jobs] Sr. J2EE Lead Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Oct 12 08:32:16 EDT 2007
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1628
Job Title: Sr. J2EE Lead Developer
Location: Columbus, GA
Business Name: Spherion/TSYS
Email: deanwilliams at spherion.com
5 positions (2C2P, 3 Contract)
This is a stellar opportunity for candidates seasoned with the related skills below. Please email resumes to deanwilliams at spherion.com ASAP!
The ideal candidate will combine strong experience in developing J2EE solutions with a deep understanding of common open source frameworks (Struts, Tiles, etc.), and a strong understanding of programming algorithms, protocols and best practices. Ideal candidates will also have a firm understanding of personalization of the user experience, to include branding and internationalization.
• Lead developer will be responsible for development, technical design, review work of other developers, and directing individual development assignments. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, client analysts, testers and stakeholders across TSYS iSolutions to design, develop and document standard product and custom client features.
• Exhibit a deep understanding of J2EE including knowledge of EJB’s, JDBC, Servlets/JSP, XML parsing and manipulation, JMS/MQSeries messaging, thread management, application server clustering, session management and resource caching.
• Demonstrated experience developing with common open source frameworks such as Struts(validation, Tiles, internationalization), and other open source technologies including XML parsing and manipulation. Must possess a strong knowledge of common design patterns and techniques for building enterprise applications.
• Must possess the ability to locate and resolve application defects using standard analysis and debugging techniques and tools.
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of localization including details of Java’s Locale, resource bundles and techniques for developing within a multi-lingual application environment.
• Exhibit proficiency with development tools such as Eclipse, Weblogic and Oracle. Candidate must be proficient in configuring a standard J2EE application container, such as Weblogic, and must be able to quickly familiarize themselves with the application environment.
• Display a thorough understanding of relational database concepts and technologies including SQL, JDBC and normalization.
• Thoroughly develop, review and test code to ensure proper performance. Candidate must have experience working in high-volume user environments where scalability is a primary concern.
• Review and give feedback of business specifications. Interact with business and testing teams to ensure that the product developed meets defined requirements. Ensure that the product is thoroughly tested by developing unit tests and participating in the creation of test scripts to be used by the QA test team.
• Design and develop solutions that incorporate industry best practices for internet application design, usability, and data security.
• Candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to discuss business requirements and articulate complex technical concepts in simple terms is an absolute necessity.
Education and Experience
• Four year college degree and eight or more years professional related experience. Eight years of software development experience, including six years of internet-based financial services experience and six years experience designing J2EE applications. At least two years experience serving as a technical lead is required.
• J2EE development
o JMS/ MQSeries Messaging
o Open Source Frameworks
o Web Service Development
o XML parsing/manipulation
o Class and package design
• Application and data security protocols and techniques
o DES3, RSA, MD5, SHA1, Java Cryptography
• Development tools and platforms
• Common Application Patterns and Algorithms
• Load testing and performance monitoring tools
• Consultative and team-oriented
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Excellent work ethic
• Must be a team player
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
This job was posted on: 2007-10-12
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1628
More information about the ajug-jobs