[Ajug-jobs] [ajug-jobs] UI Engineer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Mon Oct 8 10:57:47 EDT 2007
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1618
Job Title: UI Engineer
Business Name: Davis Paul Company
Email: espencer at davispaulcompany.com
User Interface Engineer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining dynamic user interface templates for Back Office Web Applications. Actively partner with project team members in identifying usability issues and make recommendations. Stay current with web standards, application architectures, and deployment techniques. Also, must be able to work effectively in a very fluid, high-communication, product delivery centric environment.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Create and maintain dynamic web templates using JSF or similar scripting language.
• Maintain UNIX-based development environment to support multiple applications and Apache web server configurations.
• Work with Project Managers to understand business objectives and provide technical assessments, UI recommendations, risk analysis, and accurate development estimates.
• Use insight, creativity, and research to suggest and/or implement new interfaces, design alternatives and usability improvements that increase the value of the product.
• Assist team in the creation of interface design standards, and provide guidance on web accessibility and usability.
• Aid in usability testing, reviews and evaluations to identify issues and make recommendations.
• Support the creation and maintenance of an organized template architecture focused on efficiency, reusability, and ease of maintenance.
• Assist in troubleshooting issues and rapidly solving problems or correcting defects.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Highly Desirable Skills:
• Extreme Programming
• Large scale web application development
• Familiarity with IntelliJ IDEA (IDE).
• 3-6 years professional experience developing dynamic web pages for high-volume, multi-tier architecture based applications.
• Good knowledge of and experience with user interface design patterns, visual design elements, web technologies, and development methodologies.
• Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to any given situation.
• Some background in Object Oriented analysis, design and programming.
• Experience using automated unit testing technologies.
• Possess basic project management skills to track all project work.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of the organization
• Exceptional customer service attitude and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience using configuration control and defect tracking tools (CVS & Test Director).
• College degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• Good working knowledge of:
• HTML, DHTML
• Apache web servers
• MS Office
This job was posted on: 2007-10-08
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1618
More information about the ajug-jobs