[ajug-jobs] Junior Developer/Open Source DBA
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Tue Nov 27 14:04:26 EST 2007
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1738
Job Title: Junior Developer/Open Source DBA
Location: Suwanee, GA
Business Name: FDS
Email: fds_employment at yahoo.com
Junior Developer/Open Source DBA
Growing small company in Suwanee/Johns Creek area is looking for a junior developer who will be supporting and maintaining C-based applications using PostgreSQL databases running on Linux servers. Programming Language/API training will be provided to get you started.
We are willing to offer a learn-as-you-work environment in exchange for your enthusiasm, IT knowledge, and ability to put your learning skills to the test.
• Analyze code, maintain, and debug software using C/C++, PHP, and other scripting languages.
• Develop and enhance internal tools and applications for managing database infrastructure.
• Develop and perform data analysis operations on the database to insure integrity and consistency.
• Maintain documentation of development projects and adequate commenting of code.
• Run, manage and develop various database migration and configuration tools and scripts.
• Manage, configure, and tune internal database infrastructure.
• Setup and maintenance of web pages.
• Work with department to develop in-house management database.
• Cross-train with IT personnel on other operations, to include Planet Press document setup and data mapping, and providing support as needed to internal and external customers.
• Perform other duties under general direction from the IT Director.
Required Skills, 1+ Years Experience
• Coding/scripting experience with PHP and HTML
• Experience using Linux/Unix CLI
• Production/development with open source databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• Writing SQL statements
• Ability to work well and communicate with other team members
• Demonstrated history of completing projects on time
• Troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, enthusiastic attitude, and strong work ethic
• Production experience with proprietary databases, i.e.: MS Access
• Coding experience with Perl, Bash, or other scripting languages
• Demonstrated competence in coding concepts and best practices
• Basic grasp of networking concepts and knowledge of IP
• Remote troubleshooting using ssh
• Good sense of humor
This is a great opportunity to break into a coding career. This position is available now, full time.
Email your cover letter with expected salary and resume to fds_employment at yahoo.com
If you have more than four years of experience, this is not the opportunity for you. We prefer IT personnel who are not too religious about software vendors, and we do not practice Microsoft zealotry here.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
This job was posted on: 2007-11-27
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1738
More information about the ajug-jobs