[ajug-jobs] PRODUCTION SUPPORT SPECIALIST / JAVA
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Thu Mar 15 14:03:32 EDT 2007
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1160
Job Title: PRODUCTION SUPPORT SPECIALIST / JAVA
Location: Atlanta, GA
Business Name: Thompson Technologies
Email: sitafa.harden at ttinc.net
Thompson Technologies has an immediate opportunity for a Production Support Specialist with a well-established corporation in Atlanta, GA.
In this role you will work closely with other staff and key business users across the organization to provide daily support for applications utilizing a variety of technologies, including JAVA, PL/SQL, Perl, and Websphere.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of Production Support or Development experience in a Unix environment, be self-motivated, adaptable, adept at multi-tasking, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of management and staff is also crucial to this role.
- Support will include, but may not be limited to, reviewing problems reported
- Prioritizing and researching these problems to determine solutions.
- Documenting processes and procedures required for support.
- Learning new applications and functionality as required.
- Participating in special projects involving the implementation of a new tools or applications.
For immediate consideration please email resume to Sitafa.Harden at ttinc.net
Thompson Technologies has been named several times as one of the fastest-growing companies in the country by Inc. 500. We have recently been selected as one of Atlanta's 50 fastest growing companies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle! Our growth is due mainly to a partnering approach with our Clients. We are focused on making Clients successful, and we do it with honesty and integrity.
- Minimum of 3 years production support and / or development experience
- JAVA expertise
- Knowledge of PL/SQL (9i / 10g Preferred)
- Working knowledge of UNIX commands and basic Shell Scripting
- Participation in the On-call rotation is required.
- Minimal travel to Knoxville location may be required (Less than 5%).
- Knowledge of Perl, Struts, WebSphere, and/or VB
- Experience with source control
- SQL Navigator skills helpful
- Knowledge of CA suite of tools helpful
- Financial services and / or credit card processing experience is a Plus
Education and Training:
BS or Equivalent Work Experience.
Certification / License:
JAVA certification preferred.
This job was posted on: 2007-03-15
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1160
More information about the ajug-jobs