[ajug-jobs] j2EE Telecommuting Developer
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Dec 7 15:12:39 EST 2007
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 1771
Job Title: j2EE Telecommuting Developer
Business Name: Choice Tech Group
Email: ccoffee at choicetechgroup.com
Software Developer Position
1.1. Essential Responsibilities
• Support the Sales team during technical discussions by participating in discussions about the design and development of the applications.
• Work with the project manager and technical lead to manage priorities and assigned software bugs.
• Work with the project manager and the technical lead to understand project requirements.
• Receive requirements in the form of use cases and supplemental requirements. Produce detailed designs from these requirements.
• Make component design decisions based on requirements.
• Produce artifacts such as analysis and design documents relating to customizations of the applications.
• Hands on code development for customizations and extensions to software where required.
• Work with Documentation team writers to document customizations to the core applications.
• Work with Quality Assurance to ensure complete test coverage of customizations to the core applications.
• Maintain knowledge transfer through Wiki and other mechanisms.
• Perform code reviews for peers on the development staff.
• Provide input to the refinement and evolution of the software platform.
• Travel is a required element of this position and is anticipated to average 35% per month. However, there may be periods of time when the travel exceeds this estimate.
1.3. Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
• Requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university or equivalent technical/years of experience.
• Requires participation in multiple project lifecycles from inception to transition, not necessarily using J2EE technology
• Requires 5+ years experience in J2EE application development
• Requires 3+ years experience with BEA Weblogic or IBM WebSphere application server
• Requires experience building J2EE web applications using proper MVC patterns
• Requires experience interfacing with external systems through messaging mechanisms such as JMS or Web Services
• Requires a strong knowledge of database concepts and technologies, including a fundamental understanding of SQL and the ability to interface with database systems through code (i.e. JDBC)
• Requires experience using the JUnit testing framework and ability to produce adequate test coverage for all code written
• Requires experience producing analysis and design artifacts using industry standard tools such as Rational Rose
• Requires experience using version control systems
• Requires experience with XML-related technologies
1.3.3. Other Required Skills and Abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong decision making skills
• Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to understand and communicate technical information
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have the ability to work independently, as well as work as a team player
• Must have the ability to coach others
• Must have experience working with and in front of customers (a consulting background would be advantageous)
• Organized, independent, and self-motivated
1.3.4. Desired Skills and Abilities
• Experience with BPEL Workflow Engines and MQ Series
• Experience designing and building applications using a service oriented architecture
• Experience with Oracle 9i series databases
• Experience with Web Services
• Experience with Hibernate 2 or 3
• Experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS) 6.0 or IBM WebSphere Process Server (WPS) 6.0
• Experience with IBM WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) 6.0.2 or Rational Application Developer (RAD) 6.0
• Experience with Java security
• Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architecture products such as Tibco
Telecommuting j2ee developer. Must be willing to travel 35% of the time to client sites mostly in the Southeast.
US Citz and Green Card Holders only
This job was posted on: 2007-12-07
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=1771
More information about the ajug-jobs