[ajug-jobs] Senior Web UI Engineer, Online Communities
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
no_reply at jrecruiter.org
Fri Nov 3 12:18:48 EST 2006
A new job has been added:
Job ID: 892
Job Title: Senior Web UI Engineer, Online Communities
Location: John's Creek area, GA
Business Name: Lithium Technologies
Email: atljobs at lithium.com
Senior Web UI Engineer
Online Communities/Social Networking
John’s Creek area, GA
Lithium Technologies, a leader in on-demand community management software for enterprise customers, is seeking a Senior Web user interface engineer to join our Atlanta development team and help build the next generation of our social networking platform for the enterprise. Lithium is a private company based in California, whose customers include Dell, Sony, Nintendo, Univision, and Nokia. If you're passionate about software development and in particular Web UI work, interested in developing Web software that will be used by millions of people, and prefer a small company with minimal bureaucracy, this may be the job for you.
Senior Web UI engineers will work on all user interface components of Lithium’s community management platform, and are responsible for the overall platform that Lithium Technologies delivers to its customers. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Optimizing and refactoring Lithium’s existing user interface components, continuously refining existing functionality to enhance robustness, maintainability, performance, and flexibility.
• Designing and implementing enhancements to Lithium’s core user interface, including the introduction of AJAX components, CSS, and semantically rich HTML.
• Developing and maintaining unit tests.
• Designing and implementing user interfaces for new online community features, including social networking, wikis, blogs, reputation engines, and analytics tools.
• Developing custom user interface extensions for Lithium customers.
Occasional travel to the Emeryville, CA may be a requirement.
Ideal skill sets for Senior Web UI engineers include:
• At least three years’ work experience in engineering of Web user interfaces. [that’s a little low?]
• A strong commitment to developer testing.
• A passion and commensurate experience for usability and Human-Computer Interaction
• A mastery of HTML and CSS, with an emphasis on designing semantically meaningful pages and a good understanding of browser compatibility issues.
• Knowledge of at least one MVC technology, such as Spring MVC or Struts.
• Good understanding of JSP, and of XML technologies related to Java, including JAX, Apache Axis, and SOAP.
• Visual design skills, with an emphasis on clean designs, are a very strong plus. Please submit sample designs if you have them.
• Familiarity with the core Java/J2EE stack, particularly Servlets, with an emphasis on writing clean, testable code, is a plus.
An understanding of the principles of online communities and social networking sites is also strongly preferred. A history of active participation in online forums is a strong marker for success in this position.
In general, we prefer to hire the smartest people rather than people with the perfect resumes. If you have a passion for writing clean user interface code, please submit your qualifications to us.
Lithium offers competitive salaries, good benefits, a 401(k) program, stock options, an informal work environment including part-time telecommuting, and a location in the Johns Creek, GA area. Lithium's home office is in Emeryville, CA.
If you're applying, send us your resume and a cover letter explaining why you're interested in the position. When sending email to the above address about this position, please include GA20061103U in the subject line or your message will not be received.
2 days/week Telecommuting ok.
Applicants only - no recruiters please.
No phone calls about this job please.
Local Applicants only, there is no relocation assitance available for this job.
This job was posted on: 2006-11-03
For more information, please visit: http://www.ajug.org/ajugjobs/showJobDetail.do?id=892
More information about the ajug-jobs