[ajug-jobs] A new job posting: Web Portal Engineer/Admin
AJUG Job Posting Service
gunnar at hillert.com
Thu Feb 23 12:01:38 EST 2006
A new job has been added to the job posting service of the
Atlanta Java User Group (AJUG).
Job ID: 515
Job Title: Web Portal Engineer/Admin
Business Name: Anteo Group
Our customer is one of the country's largest privately held companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. They are looking for a qualified consultant to join their team on a permanent basis and be part of the Web Services Engineering team.
The consultant will engineer designs for new and existing web applications; to include creation of proof-of-concept prototypes through to carrier-class production solution designs. Technological scope of work includes www presentation layer, portal environment, application servers, J2EE environments, and supporting frameworks.
1. Design and engineer web infrastructure solutions in support of in-house and third-party web applications including software framework and hardware components.
2. Provide continuing engineering for existing and future web services to meet product requirements from marketing / new product development.
3. Provide technical support and function as escalation point for web operations.
4. Provide thorough engineering documentation for all web services products, current and future.
5. Administer and support application development and testing in the lab environments.
6. Aid in evaluating new services, products, and solutions in the web services realm.
1. Prior experience in engineering or operations with a carrier or service provider. (3+ years)
2. Experience supporting/designing/deploying at least two application environments using BEA WebLogic or Tomcat. (5+ years)
3. Experience supporting/designing/deploying at least one portal product of IBM Websphere Portal Server or BEA WebLogic Portal Server. (2+ years)
4. Solaris system administration experience. (3+ years)
5. Strong skills working with apache, J2EE application servers, and database servers in large scale environments.
6. Thorough working knowledge of J2EE, JSR168 portlets and LDAP.
7. Prior work experience with JSP, CGI, JSR168 portlets, CSS, XML and war file creation/deployment.
8. Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
9. Proven ability to acquire new technical skills quickly.
10. Single sign-on experience desired.
11. Oracle experience desired.
Fore more details please visit:
This job was posted on: 2006-02-23
The Atlanta Java Usergroup - http://www.ajug.org
More information about the ajug-jobs