[ajug-jobs] A new job posting: Sr. Software Engineer - J2EE
AJUG Job Posting Service
gunnar at hillert.com
Mon Feb 13 15:32:36 EST 2006
A new job has been added to the job posting service of the
Atlanta Java User Group (AJUG).
Job ID: 481
Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer - J2EE
Location: Atlanta, GA
Business Name: Global MailExpress, Inc.
Our company is rapidly expanding and we are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer to join our team on a full-time basis. You will be responsible for the design, development and engineering of key components of our J2EE enterprise application.
Senior Software Engineer - J2EE / Java
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed software applications. Segment and design system layers to support application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with other engineers, managers, QA, and Operations teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business requirements and implementation schedules.
- Provide ongoing maintenance of web-based and client/server applications.
- Java Enterprise Application Development, including JSP, Servlets, EJB, Taglibs, JDBC.
- Track record of designing and developing scalable web applications
- Expert knowledge of XML technologies (SOAP, XML, XSLT)
- JMS, Message Driven Beans
- Hands-on experience with Oracle 9i/10g.
- Must know how to write robust, scalable and flexible applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field from a top-tier institution. MS preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, OOD/OOA/OOP.
- 5+ years practical experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- 3+ years with at least two of the following application servers: JBoss, JRun, OC4J, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere. Experience with JBoss and OC4J preferred.
- Experience in developing rules-based engines or policy management applications
- Extensive experience with Linux as a development platform.
- Experience with various Java frameworks (e.g. Dom4J, Spring, Hibernate)
- Strong academic background and track record as an individual technical contributor.
- Experience in managing databases and/or designing database schemas.
- Experience in developing applications leveraging Crystal Reports or equivalent in a java environment
- Experience working for a major freight/delivery company (e.g. FedEx, UPS, DHL).
Fore more details please visit:
This job was posted on: 2006-02-13
The Atlanta Java Usergroup - http://www.ajug.org
More information about the ajug-jobs