[ajug-jobs] A new job posting: Software Engineer
AJUG Job Posting Service
gunnar at hillert.com
Tue Feb 7 18:15:16 EST 2006
A new job has been added to the job posting service of the
Atlanta Java User Group (AJUG).
Job ID: 468
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: North Atlanta
Business Name: Cox Communications, Inc
Cox Communications, Inc
1. Bring up http://www.cox.com/ in your web browser
2. Click on 'Careers' in the bottom row
3. Click on the 'Search Jobs' button
4. Click on 'External Candidates'
5. Click on 'Search Job Posting/Submit Resume'
6. Select the following for criteria and search
a. Job Categories: Information Technology
b. State: Georgia
c. Keyword: Cox.net
7. Click on 'Java Software Engineer' for Alpharetta, GA
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The candidate will be responsible for technical leadership of the www.cox.net websites. Job duties include designing J2EE applications, working with a team of skilled J2EE developers, implementing and enforcing coding guidelines and general coordination of development for the www.cox.net websites.
1. Work with Lead Developer to design, implement, test and package enhancements and updates to production web site.
2. Design, implement, test and package enhancements and updates to production web site.
3. Develop Servlets, Portlets and other software according to specifications.
4. Install, configure, and maintain J2EE Application servers and related applications.
5. Develop project plans and meet schedules.
6. Develop and execute functional, regression and load test plans
7. Assist in testing and packaging of regular releases.
8. Production on-call 24-7 support; a pager rotates among team members.
9. Occasional weekend work.
1. Five or more years work experience.
2. Three or more years J2EE experience.
3. Two or more years experience working in Unix environments, preferably Solaris.
4. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Design Patterns.
5. Must have experience supporting production code.
6. Experience writing Servlets, Portlets and JSPs.
7. Experience working with Jakarta products such as Ant and Log4j.
8. Experience with UML modeling techniques.
9. Excellent communication and peoples skills required.
10. Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
11. 24-7 on-call support availability.
Fore more details please visit:
This job was posted on: 2006-02-07
The Atlanta Java Usergroup - http://www.ajug.org
More information about the ajug-jobs