[ajug-jobs] A new job posting: Software Development Manager
AJUG Job Posting Service
gunnar at hillert.com
Fri Oct 28 13:08:53 EDT 2005
A new job has been added to the job posting service of the
Atlanta Java User Group (AJUG).
Job ID: 293
Job Title: Software Development Manager
Business Name: Cox Communications, inc
Software Development Manager â Various
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This is a newly created position due to growth. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing a team of employees and consultants for various projects relating to Coxâs High Speed Internet products. A strong background in software development methodologies and shipping products are essential. The role requires an individual who can excel in a dynamic environment with multiple inputs and deliverables. This person will be responsible for all aspects of employee development as well as providing technical guidance and leadership. It is essential that the candidate exhibit a strong history of leadership and innovation.
1. Lead a software development team consisting of employees and consultants supporting multiple products.
2. Design solutions to work within the current Cox High Speed Internet architecture.
3. Follow and improve existing development, testing and release cycle processes.
4. Write and conduct employee reviews
5. Work with internal People Services and external vendors to hire employees and consultants as needed.
6. Work with the Project Management Office to facilitate the successful completion of new and on-going projects.
7. Develop project plans and meet schedules.
8. Provide mentoring and counseling to team members.
1. Must have experience supporting production code.
2. Seven or more years of experience working in the field of software development.
3. Four or more yearâs leadership and or management experience on software development projects.
4. Four or more yearâs experience with various J2EE web technologies such as Servlets and JSPs.
5. Must have some experience with C, shell, SQL and Oracle PL/SQL
6. Must have experience with UNIX, preferably Solaris or Linux.
7. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of Gang of Four Design Patterns.
8. Excellent communication and peoples skills required.
9. Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience required.
Fore more details please visit:
This job was posted on: 2005-10-28
The Atlanta Java Usergroup - http://www.ajug.org
More information about the ajug-jobs