[ajug-announce] Reminder: ExtJS at AJUG Tonight, NoFluffJustStuff on Oct 24th
burrsutter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 09:51:18 EDT 2008
When: September 16th at 7:00 PM
Who: James Holmes
Where: Holiday Inn Select - Chamblee-Dunwoody
What: Ext JS
richly interactive web applications using techniques such as AJAX, DHTML and
DOM scripting. Originally built as an extension of YUI, Ext can now also
extend JQuery and Prototype. As of version 1.1, Ext can run stand-alone
without relying on any of those external libraries, though they remain an
option for integration.
A diverse set of form controls (or "widgets") is available for use within
web applications, including: text fields and textareas, date fields with a
pop-up date-picker, numeric fields comboboxes (both HTML-style
drop-down-lists and also "proper" combo-boxes which also allow non-list
values to be typed in), radio and checkbox controls, html editor control,
grid control (with both read-only and edit modes, sortable data, lockable
and draggable columns, and a variety of other features), tree control, tab
panels, toolbars, Windows-style menus, region panels to allow a form to be
divided into multiple sub-sections.
James Holmes is an Atlanta resident and is a leading Java development
authority and is the best-selling author of Struts: The Complete Reference,
JavaServer Faces: The Complete Reference and The Art of Java. Oracle
Magazine awarded Holmes the prestigious Java Developer of the Year award in
He has deep experience in complex transactional environments spanning
several business sectors, including work for ADP, Bank of America, IBM, and
UPS. James is also a sought after speaker and regularly provides training
and mentoring services.
Announcement: 2008 Greater Atlanta Software Symposium (No Fluff Just Stuff)
Fall Edition returning October 24-26th
The 2008 GASS by No Fluff Just Stuff includes:
- Brian Sam-Bodden, Java author and Open Source Advocate
- Brian Sletten, Forward Leaning Software Consultant
- David Geary, Author of Graphic Java and co-author of Core JSF
- David Hussman, Agility Instructor/Mentor
- Jared Richardson, Agile coach and co-author of Ship It
- Jeff Brown, G2One Director Of North American Operations - Groovy and
- Ken Sipe, Technology Director, Perficient, Inc. (PRFT)
- Mark Richards, SOA and Enterprise Architect, Author of Java Transaction
- Michael Nygard, Agile technology leader and dynamicist
- Nathaniel Schutta, Author, speaker, software engineer focused on user
- Neal Ford, Application Architect at ThoughtWorks, Inc.
- Pratik Patel, Enterprise Architect
- Scott Davis, Author of "Groovy Recipes" & TDD Expert
- Stuart Halloway, CEO of Relevance
- Ted Neward, Enterprise, Virtual Machine and Language Wonk
- Venkat Subramaniam, Founder of Agile Developer, Inc.
JUG Members receive $50 discount. Be sure to use the registration code:
AJUG Sponsors allow us to operate with no membership fees and cover the
costs associated with meeting facilities, projectors, audio/visual,
refreshments, web hosting, etc.
* 4t Networks, AJUG's hosting provider (www.4tvirtual.com)
* Anteo Group: Your Java Staffing & Placement Specialist (
* Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): Looking for Atlanta's best IT talent (
* JBoss: The world's most popular enterprise-class Java middleware (
* Sun: The Source of Java (www.sun.com)
Note: We will be introducing several new sponsors over the next 2 to 3
months! It is a GREAT time to be a Java developer!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ajug-announce