Service Oriented Architecture
sutter at bravepoint.com
Tue Nov 16 11:40:15 EST 2004
Tonight is the night!
This month we have Angela Yochem of UPS (a local Java architect!) for a
presentation on SOA - Service Oriented Architecture. The "buzziest" of
buzzwords in Corporate America.
Presentation: 7:00 to 9:00 pm - 11/16/2004
Place: Holiday Inn Select - 4386 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30341
Exit 30 - one exit east of Ashford-Dunwoody off 285.
Cost: Free (sign up for our email-list at www.ajug.org)
The industry buzz is that service oriented architecture is the next leap
forward in the integration space. Is this all vendor hype, and is SOA really
based on a vendor product? What are the necessary building blocks of a SOA?
Isn't this just distributed computing? Can a product be built around a SOA?
Can an enterprise SOA be built incrementally? What is an event-driven
architecture, and how does it relate to an SOA? What is an ESB, and why do
we care? In this presentation we'll talk about the building blocks of a
Service Oriented Architecture, we'll identify a practical approach to SOA
and discuss relevant design considerations.
Speaker: Angela Yochem
Angela is a Lead Systems Architect for UPS. She specializes in design of
large-scale distributed applications and environments, complex integration
problems and service oriented architecture. She is the co-author of SOA and
EDA: Case Studies from Addison-Wesley (publishing 1Q 2005), and the
co-author of J2EE Applications and BEA WebLogic Server, Second Edition,
- Anteo Group - www.anteogroup.com - Java Talent Staffing/Consulting
- BEA - www.bea.com - J2EE Application Platform
- ClearNova - www.clearnova.com - J2EE RAD Tool
- Compuware - www.optimalj.com - Patterns-Based Model-Driven Architecture
- Inflow - www.inflow.com - Our ISP
- JBoss - www.jboss.org - JBoss J2EE AppServer Training & Consulting
- SpectrumSCM - www.spectrumscm.com - Source Code Management
- Sun Microsystems - www.sun.com (www.java.net) - The folks that own Java
- Wiley Technologies - www.wilytech.com - J2EE Performance Monitoring
P.S. I do recognize that buzziest isn't exactly a word! ;-)
ajug-announce mailing list
ajug-announce at ajug.org
More information about the ajug-announce