Sharing data among Swing windows

Guys,

I'm rather new to Swing development on a large scale, and am beginning
work on a multi-windowed application.

What's the preferred method of sharing data between windows?  In other
words, suppose for illustration that I had a main class that was first run
and that would initiate a database connection, and that I wanted to share
that connection with all other windows in the application, each of which
could be spawned in response to different events.  How should/could I make
that connection object accessible?  I've done some googling, but probably
am not keying in the correct buzz words.

Thanks as always for your help!

John