Re: [ajug-members]: Java 1.4 certification exam

>From my side, one of the 'hidden' benefits of most programming
certifications is to round out your knowledge of the subject and explore
things that you may not use on a daily basis.

True, we do need to work in an abstract fashion to focus on business
issues. However that can become a double edged sword if you get overly
immersed in the paradigm that 'it's the 'container's responsibility', be
it a J2EE server or a JVM.