RE: [ajug-members]: NetBeans and JavaApplets

Sorry, I think they were in the earlier posts:

test.java [11:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class JApplet
location: class test
public class test extends JApplet {
                          ^
test.java [17:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : class Graphics
location: class test
    public void paint( Graphics g )
                       ^
test.java [20:1] cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable super
location: class test
        super.paint( g );
        ^
3 errors
Errors compiling test.

I think a previous poster might be correct that -->

Also, just me, but wherever you got your code from, I would not use paint,
with JApplet, as this is AWT code as opposed to swing code(but it will work,
just a matter of being
consistent) and use paintComponent,

1. I would change paint = paintComponent

and your problem seems to be with NetBeans not with the actual code, and I
would just use a *.html page and add the APPLET syntax and launch the html
page from a html viewer or appletviewer or MS windows, jview.

Any ideas?

For the record, the code came from a Dietel & Dietel Book on JAVA.

Thanks,

Cody Wehunt
cody@wehunt.net
770-402-9189 Cell