RE: [ajug-members]: Wait()

I am new to JAVA, so please bare with me.  If you don't use
Thread.sleep(long) for displaying a wait screen, what would you recommend
doing to have a form displayed for 30 seconds then show a new window?  Also,
the hide and show functions do not seem to work.  I thought you could just
use splash.hide(); and fserver.show();, but that will not compile.

Any help would really be appreciated,

What I have so far:

        new fserver().hide();
        new splash().show();