Re: [ajug-members]: JAVA

Title:
I use Netbeans and move the code between both Windows, Linux. and embedded systems.  I have built classes on both Windows and Linux and move the classes to the opposite machine' operating  systems  easily with no changes. Netbeans runs and looks the same on both  machines. Besides, Netbeans is open source.

David  Black

Cody Wehunt wrote:
I am new to JAVA, and I have the need to write a cross-platform (win/linux) GUI client/server application.  I plan on using Borland JBuilder.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Also, during my research, I have found that JAVA cannot get a list of all IPs/MAC addresses on the subnet without using an external script, is this true?

Thanks,

Cody Wehunt
cody@wehunt.net
770-402-9189 Cell