[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Visual Paradigm for UML - anyone used it?
I have been evaluating Poseidon for UML 2.3.0 Professional Edition.
Overall the experience has been good, except for a few hitches with
activity diagram functionality. Before committing to a $900
investment, I am trying to ensure that I have surveyed the playing
field of mid-range modeling tools. A Google of "uml modeling tool"
yielded a URL with a laundry list of tools:
Of the ones I checked on, Visual Paradigm for UML looked like a good
candidate. My criteria include:
- Support for Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows
- UML Meta-Model 1.3 or higher support
- XMI support
- Support for all 9 diagram types
- Source code generation for Java
- Round-trip engineering for Java
- Robust printing and graphics export facilities
- Documentation generation facilites
- Decoupled from an IDE
Has anyone worked with this product, and can you provide some basic
feedback on your experience with it? I figured this might be a timely
question, what with MDA coming up tonight.
Barry C. Hawkins
All Things Computed