Trapping JSP Exceptions

I am writing a custom tag library and I am looking for information on how to
trap the JspTagExceptions and JspExceptions in a global manner (i.e. where can
I put a single catch(JspException) statement to catch everything on any JSP
page.

The Javadocs for the javax.servlet.jsp.JspException class has the following
statement: "A generic exception known to the JSP engine; uncaught JspExceptions
will result in an invocation of the errorpage machinery".

What I am looking for are some online resources or pointers on where to learn
more about this vague reference to "the errorpage machinery".

Anybody got any pointers?

Thanks,

Brad