Re: IDE on Linux

Milind,

I do almost all of my development on Linux.  Here's the big four that I
use (all open source):
--
jEdit (http://www.jedit.org)

Very nice full featured editor...not just for Java.  Has great plugin and
community support.  In fact, jEdit seems to have a plugin for
anything/everything you want to do.
--
Eclipse (http://www.eclipse.org)

A very nice true IDE with a great, powerful standard feature set.  While
most of the IDE is Java, its speed is increased tremendously by a
windowing toolkit that uses JNI calls to the underlying OS' window
manager/api.
--
NetBeans (http://www.netbeans.org)

Another great IDE...I particularly like NetBeans GUI design capabilities...
--
vim (http://www.vim.org)

You can't go wrong with vim ;-).

Good luck!