Design Patterns Meeting Thur (12/20) @ 7pm at the Sun Training Center - Mediator Pattern

Title: Design Patterns Meeting Thur (12/20) @ 7pm at the Sun Training Center - Mediator Pattern

We'll be discussing the Mediator Pattern.  Paul Philion will be moderating.

The kickoff question for the meeting is:
Since a Mediator becomes a repository for logic, can the code that implements
this logic begin to get overly complex, possibly resembling spaghetti code.
How could this potential problem be solved?
(from http://www.industriallogic.com/papers/learning.html)

Directions to the Sun Training Center:
Take 400 to Sandy Springs Exit
Turn Right at the exit (if coming from the south)
go past the MARTA Station
Turn Right onto Central Park (the street right after the shopping center with the REI)
Sun is on the 12th floor in the large office building a block down the street on the left.

Sun Microsystems, Inc.
7000 Central Park, Suite 1270
Atlanta, GA 30328

My cell phone number is 404-285-3617.  Sun's doors are normally locked, so if
you show up after 7pm, either wait for someone to come and let you in, or
call my cell phone.

This is our last meeting of the year.  Our next meeting after this one will be
January 3rd.

If you have any questions, let me know.  The meeting is open to anyone who wants
to become more familiar with design patterns.

-David

David Deriso
Software Engineer
Employease, Inc.