Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: View Image

Jagdeep,

The standard practice is to create an intermediary file and cache it for a fixed period of time for performance reasons.  With a standard HTML page, this may be your only option.  One of my clients has implemented a large imaging application and this the approach that they have taken.

Cindy

Jagdeep Bedi wrote:

Hello all... Seem to have put myself in a little situation. I have a database (SQL Server 2000) where my images are stored.  What I would like to do is to retrieve those images directly (no external file) and view them in a html page. For the twist...this application is a web application and those images need to be seen by all clients who access that application.  I have read about URL's , but that didn't seem to work... All help is greatly appreciated!!jags