RE: Java and the Microsoft VM

The Microsoft VM is for jdk1.1 . Java 1.1, btw, is pretty crummy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Woodson [mailto:radman@usefulware.com]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 11:09 AM
To: List AJUG
Subject: RE: Java and the Microsoft VM

We are reqruiring a specific version of IE so we would always know which
version the user had.  I need to know where I can find out stuff was
supported by the version that IE uses. (i.e. swing, applications, etc...)

I don't like the idea of being attached to Microsoft either but,  the fact
remains that they made a virtual machine available to everybody.  And
download size is important.  So if I can use it then that will save me somme
space.