Re: java and the Microsoft VM

You also might read up at www.java.sun.com on the
java 'plug-in' and the 'htmlconverter' (if you don't
already know about this). I read in a book a while back
that they recommend you try to satisfy only the majority
of browser users and not try to make your project
compatible with all old versions. Someone determined
between all the browser types (IE, netscape, etc, etc)
and their version numbers out there, there are 51
combinations! You cant satisfy them all. I think
Internet Explorer has about 70% of the market. Might I
suggest you only support back to version 4.x and use a
plug in? By the way, didn't I hear something about
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 shipping with java
disabled? If so, you will have to tell the user to
enable java in thier enviornment settings if its off.