From: Noel Susskind [mailto:nsusskind@acm.org]
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2001 11:46 PM
To: ajug-members@ajug.org
Subject: CIS degree: is it worthwhile?

Hello
My question would be, after all the work, time, money and sacrifice I put in
to get a degree in computer and information science, was THAT worth it? Was
the carpal tunnel and neck strain worth it so I can always know how to
analyze a given situation?  And Id prolly pass the Sun certs if I had the
incentive which would be a paying job.

Please do not give me any more advice about what to do: whatever you say,
I've already done it.  I just want opinions  on how many years we will have
to wait for industry to catch up with us changing dudes. Maybe I will write
a book.

I've starved for a year, now going back to work in my old field of
construction and design, at least they are interviewing me! I hate the idea
of moving 800 miles north (Philly), but I sure need the money.

Noel